Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#75802 - 11/16/06 05:10 PM Re: Does Anyone Go to the Movies Anymore?
Nalod Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: NC
Quote:
Originally posted by DaveWoj:
The bass modules were fine for music, but they just didn't cut it for theatre so I added the AR sub.
I'll have to experiment without them.
I like the ensemble, but the black formica finish was peeling over time and I had to keep fixing it.
With the crossover adjustments on the 970 I can probably unhook the modules and just use the sub although sometimes I just use the bass modules for music.

Have fun setting up your new system.
The Ensombles have the same cross over in either unit. If you recall, it does not matter how you wired them. I just unhooked them and let them play large. Adjust the sub cross over to about 150 (gotta guess) and I like the sound better.

It was a great system in its day, especially for the money.

I wish I could use them somewhere else. My sats have like 4 different coats of paint on them from moving or changing colors! The holes are getting smaller!

I bought dipoles to match the front a few years later after getting the initial set up.

Cambridge with Henry Kloss made some nice prodcuts before he died. The Company is much different now once they started opening up stores and expanding.

Natural progression.

Its happeing to Outlaw also these days. They don't quite have the "Rouge" persona as they did a while
Lfm-plus
MK Vx850 sub
velodyne Sms-1
MK 850 LCR
MK CS surround
Outlaw Balanced Cable (ouch!)
Lots of Bluejean fancy cables
Oppo SACD/DVD-A
38inch Loewe Aconda
Panamax 500
Monster Power 3500

#75803 - 12/31/06 08:39 PM Re: Does Anyone Go to the Movies Anymore?
Bruce E Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Ellicott City, MD

My 2c: My wife and I increased the number of discs we have at a time from Netflix shortly after remodeling the basement and doing a major upgrade to the AV system -- built around the 970, of course -- with the thought that we'd better recoup some of the expense through savings from fewer trips to the local multplex. It was a matter of financial pressure as much as anything else, but I have to say, I haven't missed the theater one bit. The experience at home is at least as good, and I get the additional thrill that it's MINE, ALL MINE!! Every time I get blown away by an image or piece of audio, I can't believe that I actually own this fantastic stuff.

As for the size, ... well, we watch our 91" projected image from a distance of around 8', so that's the same field of view as a fairly average seat in a theater. We usually sit up closer in a theater, enjoying the immersion, but frankly, the sound's not as good up there, with the front and center channels being a little too dominant, so I think we do better at home, where we're in the sweet spot for everything.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Who's Online
0 registered (), 93 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts