Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#75453 - 07/10/06 05:38 PM Re: Thinking About buying the 970
epson Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: PA
Quote:
Originally posted by Audioholic:
Hello and welcome to the forum. I've had a 970 since they were first available (December 2005) and use it 5-6 days a week. If the symptom occurs there is "no audio" when the unit is first switched on out of standby - it doesn't pick up on an input's signal. If I switch to another input and then back it picks the signal up every time. I have never had to cycle the power to get sound back. Once the 970 is on it switches inputs with either digital or analog signals without fail. I have the latest software revision (May `06) and have only experienced the problem once or twice since May. Prior to that it would happen once a week or so. Most people have not had the issue at all and I would suspect the percentage that have had it is very low, otherwise there would be a lot more posts about it on more than just the Outlaw forum.

My 970 has never "dropped" a signal once it acquired it, and it does acquire a digital signal quickly. Overall I've been happy with the 970 and one or two occurrences of "no audio" in two months time doesn't strike me as anything to worry about. Other than that it has been problem free and sounds great. Outlaw has earned their rep as having great product support and their customer service is better than most reputable brick & mortar retailers. The 970 is hard to compete with when you take its features, sound quality, build quality, being software upgradeable and low price into consideration.
I aggree with Audioholic, the sound quality for the price can not be beat!

But I think the NO AUDIO problem is very prevlent, It doesent happen very often to me if you follow the rules above. Make sure the signal is present before firing up the 970 then I nearly never get it. Cycling the inputs always fixes it for me.

I think the reason everyone is not complaining is that it is seldom enough not to be a big deal for most of us. The latest software Beta took it from about twice a week to about Twice a month. but I had to reload it three times before the video checkerboard problem on the componet outputs which came with this upgrade disapeared.

So the software still needs work but the problem was never bad enough to return.

A little buggy but a great unit.

#75454 - 07/10/06 06:34 PM Re: Thinking About buying the 970
drcruz Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

GREAT! Thanks bunches. laugh

#75455 - 07/11/06 01:48 AM Re: Thinking About buying the 970
GALyons Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area
Hi All,
I just ordered a 970. I am in a major HT upgrade mode. A new monitor and DVD player are forcing me to bring the processor quality more in line! I went from Adcom separates from the late 90's to a DD/DTS 7.1 Pioneer receiver about 3 years ago. Couldn't handle the amp section, on the receiver, so added a newer, (at the time) Adcom 5 channel amp. Worked much better for the audio portions, running only the rears from the receiver.

It has been very interesting reading the forum over the past week, or so. From ectasy to "no audio" and back again!

The HT rig is separate from my audio rig, which is, IMHO, good, but pretty old school.

Now the part, at which I am not very good, waiting for the delivery truck!!

Cheers,
Geary

#75456 - 07/11/06 02:42 AM Re: Thinking About buying the 970
E'pin Sen Ob Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: USA
Welcome to the forum Galyons.

MY HOME THEATER PICTURES http://community.webshots.com/user/bonesnipe

#75457 - 07/11/06 07:50 AM Re: Thinking About buying the 970
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Best wishes for the waiting, GALyons. Let us know how it goes!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
0 registered (), 177 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts