Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#7542 - 04/09/03 07:45 PM Anthony Gallo Nucleus experience?
chrisser Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Los Angeles, CA, USA
Hi there:

I have some white Martin-Logan ESL Scripts that i use as mains. They're awesome. But I want to move into home theater territory with some smaller, preferably white surrounds and center channel speakers. I know someone who is selling some white Anthony Gallo Nucleuses(i) and am wondering if anyone has had any experience with them? My understanding is it's a small, design-centric company (that matters to me actually), but I don't want to compromise too much on sound. Anyone have a better idea that's also fairly low cost?

Thanks
Chris

#7543 - 04/30/03 11:32 AM Re: Anthony Gallo Nucleus experience?
dschnelz Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Milwaukee, WI 53202
I heard Gallo speakers briefly once. Mids and highs seemed very good, possibly exceeding my Polk RTi-28s. From the midrange up, they sure didn't seem like a sonic compromise. Downside is there's no bottom end at all. They'd do extremely well as surrounds, but without a sub they'd be to lightweight as a center.

If you're into design-oriented speakers, check out NorH. They're only sold on the web at www.norh.com. I've never heard or even seen one in person, but the Soundstage review was good and the pictures sure look cool - sorta like speakers as primitive art objects.

[This message has been edited by dschnelz (edited May 09, 2003).]

#7544 - 05/10/03 12:39 AM Re: Anthony Gallo Nucleus experience?
Xyzfla Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Oldsmar,FL,USA
The Gallo Nucleus line of speakers are pretty big 43 x 17 x 14 inches and range from $2500 to $4000 per pair. They also go to about 30 Hz. Some use 1 "BassBall" some use 2. Also I don't believe they have resumed production on this line. I've heard them but not for awhile.
If you mean the current Micros much smaller, less costly and need to be crossed over at 120 Hz then I'm very familiar with those. Please post if you want info on Micros.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 145 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts