Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#75255 - 03/30/06 09:14 PM Re: Anybody still having No Audio Problems after upgrade?
mick16 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Rochester, MI
My problems are widespread on all inputs at this point (Video 1, 2, 3 and DVD) and I've done the firmware upgrade twice. The only common theme between them is that they are all connected to a digital input (3 optical connections and 1 coaxial).

I called Steve at Outlaw and his solution for the time being was to select an input which is connected to nothing first and then switch the input you want. My solution is to turn it on and then walk over and flip it off and on manually and then it works. Steve said it was a software issue and they are working on it, but I expect more for the price I paid for this unit. I mean you can buy an A/V receiver for $199 that works everytime you push the button...

I'm beginning to wish I would have just kept the 950 and not upgraded to the 970 at this point. I think outlaw is a good company, but they need to come up with a real solution and not just a work around.

#75256 - 03/31/06 04:34 PM Re: Anybody still having No Audio Problems after upgrade?
openhelix Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Santa Clara, CA
Agreed. It's far too simple of a problem to have made it through any sort of real QA. I hate paying to be a beta tester for a company.

#75257 - 03/31/06 04:40 PM Re: Anybody still having No Audio Problems after upgrade?
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
You would be amazed what can get past even an aggressive QA process - and considering how effectively nonexistent the issue was with the 1070 (which uses the exact same platform as the 970 but has amps added to the mix), it seems clear that the combination of factors required to bring the issue to light is not necessarily obvious. I am sure that they'll get it fixed.

#75258 - 04/02/06 02:59 PM Re: Anybody still having No Audio Problems after upgrade?
openhelix Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Santa Clara, CA
Actually, I probably wouldn't. I know it's your job to be an Outlaw apologist, and we can take this offline if you want, but this isn't at all an isolated case nor terribly difficult to replicate. Given every single other manufacturer seems to have figured this out, I'm disappointed Outlaw can't seem to get it right.

#75259 - 04/02/06 11:36 PM Re: Anybody still having No Audio Problems after upgrade?
mstmorse Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Meriden, CT
Just hooked up my 970 today after about a week and a half. Did the upgrade before i hooked it up. Turns out I have the "no audio" problem on all inputs also, including the tuner. At first I was able to get the audio back by switching inputs but after the last time, nothing I do will bring it back. It also made a REALLY loud hum with popping. Tried to reset and still nothing. Love my 950, but need the DVI switching. I think it's going to have to go back.

#75260 - 04/02/06 11:39 PM Re: Anybody still having No Audio Problems after upgrade?
gonk Offline
Desperado

I'd suggest calling Outlaw tomorrow. I don't have a 970 (so don't have any experience with this problem), but what you are reporting sounds more severe than anybody else has run into. There may be something else going on with your unit.

#75261 - 04/03/06 12:36 AM Re: Anybody still having No Audio Problems after upgrade?
iardon Offline
Gunslinger

Damn, I also have the popping. Started a thread today asking about it. Gonk, what should I do? I'm on my second 970, still have the no audio problem, popping, and noise coming from my tweeters.

I had before this an Onkyo that did everything right but was just 5.1. So I get the 970 and now I'm screwed.

Sorry, but I'm frustrated and feel like crap.

Quote:
It also made a REALLY loud hum with popping.[/QB]
M&K 851 for L/C/R
Axiom QS8 for SL/SR/1SB
SVS Pb12-ISD/2 (x2)
Sony VPL-HW15 (Retired Infocus 7205)
Sony PS3 / Pioneer DV-533

#75262 - 04/03/06 12:59 AM Re: Anybody still having No Audio Problems after upgrade?
mstmorse Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Meriden, CT
Well, just reset and upgraded the firmware again. Seems to have brought the audio back, at least to the DVD input. Haven't hooked up everything else yet. We'll have to see how long it lasts. Anyone know what their firmware version shows on the 970 when they pull it up? I keep downloading the one on the site, but it shows up ending in "10", not "12" like the link shows.

#75263 - 04/03/06 09:27 AM Re: Anybody still having No Audio Problems after upgrade?
gonk Offline
Desperado

iardon, I just posted some feedback in your popping thread that might help you. I doubt that what you are experiencing could cause damage to your speakers, but I sure can understand the concern. As for the no-audio problem, it seems clear that the issue isn't a hardware problem - it seems that the original bug is more elusive than previously believed, but I'm sure they'll track it down.

#75264 - 04/05/06 04:46 AM Re: Anybody still having No Audio Problems after upgrade?
Oracle Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Austin, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by mstmorse:
Well, just reset and upgraded the firmware again. Seems to have brought the audio back, at least to the DVD input. Haven't hooked up everything else yet. We'll have to see how long it lasts. Anyone know what their firmware version shows on the 970 when they pull it up? I keep downloading the one on the site, but it shows up ending in "10", not "12" like the link shows.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 114 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts