Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#75285 - 05/16/06 10:58 AM Re: Anybody still having No Audio Problems after upgrade?
Stewie Griffin Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Quahog
I have been running the new update on my 1070 since I loaded it Friday night. Before I was getting 2 or 3 "no audio" dropouts a night, but it seems to be fixed now.

Just a warning to those who haven't done the upgrade yet. You need to reset the unit after the update. I didn't and for some reason I couldn't get any sound out of it until I did. It's been fine ever since.

S. Griff

Main System:
990, 7700, LFM-1, Vienna Acoustics, Sony SXRD

#75286 - 05/16/06 12:12 PM Re: Anybody still having No Audio Problems after upgrade?
Ruffles Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Idaho
Great to hear. I hope this works for you all. My solution was to upgrade to a 990...a little more expensive than a firmware update but I couldn't wait smile .

#75287 - 05/16/06 12:50 PM Re: Anybody still having No Audio Problems after upgrade?
iardon Offline
Gunslinger

Sounds good, I'll update my unit as well once it goes official.
M&K 851 for L/C/R
Axiom QS8 for SL/SR/1SB
SVS Pb12-ISD/2 (x2)
Sony VPL-HW15 (Retired Infocus 7205)
Sony PS3 / Pioneer DV-533

#75288 - 05/16/06 04:05 PM Re: Anybody still having No Audio Problems after upgrade?
Scott Offline
Desperado

For those who are experiencing the "no audio" issue, I would encourage you to download and install this update as both internal and external beta test reports have been excellent.

Best,

Scott

#75289 - 05/17/06 03:43 PM Re: Anybody still having No Audio Problems after upgrade?
Ragnar Offline
Gunslinger

I've been running with the update for a few days now and NO PROBLEMS! I've tried many times to screw the unit up by jumping from format to format and using all my inputs - no issues and it locks onto the various mode flags everytime.

Great, looks like we have a solution. Thanks Outlaw for coming through...
Ragnar

#75290 - 05/29/06 04:39 PM Re: Anybody still having No Audio Problems after upgrade?
mick16 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Rochester, MI

#75291 - 05/30/06 06:51 PM Re: Anybody still having No Audio Problems after upgrade?
Integratedj Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Chandler, Arizona
I have 990, and made a thread in that forum about the exact same "No audio" problems. I can very slightly hear my sub only when it occurs. After reading this entire thread, I know it is not just a 970 issue, but also applies to the 990. I have the newest firmware update, and am still having the issue.

Sometimes it occurs when first powering on the unit on, other times it is simply when I switch inputs. Does not matter if it is from Digital to digital switching, or analog to digital switching. It is completely random as well, as I can not recreate it by repeating the same process that caused the glitch before. I have tried everything I can to do so in an attempt to aid trouble shooting, but since it seems to be completely random it makes it a bit difficult.

Seriously, for the price of these units they should be bug free, at least on something this simple.

I install Theater and Automation systems for a living, and routinly use the same equipment for clients that I have at home as far as Sat receiver models, (Mine being the Directv H20) and DVD players being Denon, Onkyo, and Integra. I have had the bug with every one of these pieces of equipment at home, but never on different sytems out in the field, so simply saying it is a source device doesn't cut it, and sounds more like a cop out way of not dealing with the issue at hand. If it was a source device issue, then why is it that the cheapest POS sony box system receiver doesn't have the same issue with the same source components?

I am going to try tonight and see one last time if I can see a pattern to the glitch. Hopefully something can be done about it as it gets incredibly annoying having to turn a system off and then back on to correct the issue. Especially when I am showing off my system to either perspective clients, or my family members who come to me on what equipment to buy for themselves. Kinda hard to push Outlaw as being a great deal for great equipment when they sit there and watch it glitch like that.

#75292 - 05/30/06 08:43 PM Re: Anybody still having No Audio Problems after upgrade?
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
If there's a 990 issue, it is competely unrelated to the problem that the 970 has had - the two platforms are completely independent products.

Have you contact Outlaw about this? If not, I'm afraid they may be a little hectic this week (much of their manpower is off on the west coast for the HE show), but it would be worthwhile to touch base with them on it - this is not an issue that I've heard about previously.

#75293 - 05/31/06 12:19 AM Re: Anybody still having No Audio Problems after upgrade?
Integratedj Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Chandler, Arizona
The issue I am having is exactly as stated above with the 970. The audio simply isn't there sometimes after switching inputs.
I'll give them a call next week when I have some time, but it seems odd that I can find an exact description of my issue on the 970.

I'll post back on what happens.

J

#75294 - 06/20/06 12:23 PM Re: Anybody still having No Audio Problems after upgrade?
mick16 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Rochester, MI
I've had a couple of weeks to try the new update and my final verdict is that it really isn't that great of an improvement. I'd say at least 80% of the time when I turn the unit on in the morning, I get no audio and I have to turn it on and off manually to get it to work.

About the only thing that seems to work better is that I'm not getting any no audio issues when its up and running and I'm switching devices / channels. Like the other poster stated, it doesn't seem to matter if its a digital or analog source and its a problem on all of my components (Xbox 360, Directv R15, Comcast / Motorola HD box, and Pioneer 563-AS DVD Player).

I can't believe that more people aren't having issues with this unit and demanding a recall. Maybe I just have a lemon and I should call Outlaw and have them send out a replacement???

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 145 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts