Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#75125 - 01/24/06 06:12 PM 970 surround decoding question
apodaca Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Texas
I am a potential outlaw customer and would like to know how it handles a 7.1 setup. Specifically is there a way to simply turn on/engage Dolby Pro Logic IIx for standard Dolby Digital? In other words does one have to select via menu or remote the PLIIx option each time a movie is started ? I know some recivers have this option.

Thanks,

(Also plese state for DTS tracks as well).

#75126 - 01/24/06 06:34 PM Re: 970 surround decoding question
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
I haven't used a 970 or 1070, but my understanding is that their behavior is as follows: you can select Pro Logic IIx by pressing the Dolby button on the remote to cycle through Dolby processing modes. Once you've used PLIIx on a specific input with a DD (or DTS) soundtrack, it will remember that preference the next time you play such a soundtrack on that input. There are three mode buttons (Dolby, DTS, and Stereo) that each offer a range of options depending on the source (DTS will do nothing with a DD 5.1 track but will offer NEO:6 with a stereo input; Dolby will offer PLIIx with a DTS input; ...). You don't have to press "Dolby" to cycle through Dolby modes each time you start a disc because it will remember the mode you used last for that particular input format on that source - you'll have to set it the first time you use each different format on that source.

#75127 - 01/24/06 09:02 PM Re: 970 surround decoding question
apodaca Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Texas
Thanks. On my Harman AVR I have to do this each time I put in a movie since the receiver automaticaly defaults to either DTS or DD 5.1. Some receivers have an option to select PLIIx as default when a standard DD or DTS track is selected. Cool liks there.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 112 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts