Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#74762 - 11/14/08 11:34 PM Gremlins in the night!
mdrconsult Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Austin, Texas
My SMS-1 seems to turn itself on in the middle of the night! At first I thought I was just imagining this or missing something, but I have done some testing to verify this. The other night I made a point of insuring that the SMS-1 was off and sure enough the next morning it was on. This causes problems with my universal remote such that when I try to turn anything on it ends up turning the SMS-1 off and then I have to manually turn it back on. Then I got the idea that maybe it was the universal remote somehow sending an erroneous signal to it during the night. So I tried removing the remote from the room the other night, i.e. to make sure it was out of range, and I still found it on the morning. One other thing that I just noticed today, it doesn't just happen overnight (that would have been to weird) it appears that it can happen with any extended period of off time as it turned it self on today in the middle of the day.

BTW, here are some other pertinent facts:
1) It does not randomly turn itself off.
2) I am not using the 12v trigger to turn it on
3) I turn it on and off w/ a Logitech Harmony 880
4) No other units in my system are experiencing similar problems
5) No changes have been made to the system at all prior to this problem occurring, configuration has been static for at least 3 months.

So my question is this, has anyone else seen their SMS-1 randomly turn itself on? If so, where you able to fix it and how. Any help on this would be appreciated. Thank You in advance.

Mark
Emotiva XMC-1, Outlaw 7500, Sonus Faber Olympica III Fronts, SF Liuto Center, SF Surrounds, LFM-1 EX, Oppo BDP-103D, Apple TV (Gen. 4), Mitsubishi 65" Diamond DLP, Outlaw Cables, PS Audio Power Quintet, Duet and power cords.

#74763 - 11/15/08 03:14 AM Re: Gremlins in the night!
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
I've just left my SMS-1 on all the time, so I can't help on this one.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 130 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM