Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#74493 - 05/29/06 02:26 PM Is my SMS dead??
gooch Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: arizona
OK boys, I haven't seen this one anywhere, so here goes...
I got back from vacation and turned on my system to find NO bass!! At first I thought it was my 970. After a few emails traded with Steve it has been determined that my SMS seems to be the cause. When in self-eq mode I have bass, when in manual mode I have NO bass. With the SMS IN the chain I get NO bass, with the SMS out of the chain with my subs hooked directly from the 970 I get bass. All swapping of cords was done with ALL power sources turned off at the power block. Any one had this happen to them yet??
Thanx for your time

#74494 - 05/29/06 03:17 PM Re: Is my SMS dead??
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Self-EQ generates the test tone and pipes it directly to the sub output - so the sub output at least works. Manual mode generates the test tone, sends it to the EQ output, and then gets it back through the input. Do your main speakers make any noise (above the crossover point of your 970) when running the manual mode? If not, that would suggest a problem at the EQ output or with the input setup at the 970. If you do get noise from the main speakers, then the problem might be at the connection into the SMS-1.

#74495 - 05/29/06 03:37 PM Re: Is my SMS dead??
gooch Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: arizona
Yes, my speakers do make noise running in the manual mode. I am pretty sure the problem lies in the input section of the SMS. I will call Velo tomorrow and see what they have to say.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 130 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM