Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#73553 - 12/28/09 12:45 PM On Screen Display
nortynorty Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Philadelphia, PA
As we recently redecorated our family room, the armoire which housed an LG 42" LCD as well as my 1070 and other components was replaced with a new TV stand/media cabinet allowing me to change TV's to a 58" Panasonic plasma. This change required an adjustment in settings for the speaker, but for some reason, I can't get the menu to display on screen as it had in the past. I don't think it is a connection problem as I was using a composite cable to the Video input on the TV. I tried switching to an S-Video cable in the event it was a cable issue. Still nothing. Is it possible that the TV is not able to display the signal on screen? I can of course use the menu on the 1070 itself, but it is a lot more convenient making adjustments from the couch on screen.

#73554 - 12/28/09 01:18 PM Re: On Screen Display
Bob Becker Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Washington, D.C.
Is it possible you switched OSD to off in the 1070 setup?

You say you have a new plasma TV. Have you checked the settings for it to make sure you are on the same input as the cable composite connection to the 1070. I use HDMI directly from my BDP-83 for video, bypassing the 1070, and I get audio from the TV's tuner by optical connection to the 1070. The only way I get the OSD is by switching to V3, which is where I also put the output from my sms-1. But when I do that, I also have to tell the TV to switch to AV2, where the video output from the 1070 goes.

What really amazes me is that I reran all the cables a few months ago. Since then, as I watched TV, DVDs, and streaming video, listened to the radio and CDs, and (occasionally) slept, all those cables got hopelessly tangled. So when I went to add the sms-1 a couple of weeks ago it was very difficult to follow where everything came from and went to. The system gremlins live.

#73555 - 12/28/09 03:00 PM Re: On Screen Display
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
There's no setting that would cause the OSD output to quit working. However, you've got to make a lot of adjustments when hooking up a new HDTV. I'd make sure the composite or s-video is hooked to the correct output on the 1070 (needs to be the monitor output), that the other end is going to the input you intended on the HDTV (needs to be one that doesn't also have a component video connection overriding the composite or s-video), and that the HDTV is set to that input.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 189 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts