Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#7289 - 02/22/03 09:41 PM SVS Sub + Kitty=Angry Jason
fmcorps Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Fargo, ND, USA
Ok outlaws with cats I have a questions for ya'll.

I'm looking at demoing the SVS 16-46 PCi (looking at thtat reported 16hz bottom and drooling) and wondering ho I convince my cat not to look at it as the ultimate scratching post. She's left my speaker grills alone, but every once and awhile she decides to go after my couch.

Anyone else have to deal with this. (I'm not saying that I'm dealing with this now...I just want to have an stratedgy on hand.)

Jason

#7290 - 02/22/03 10:18 PM Re: SVS Sub + Kitty=Angry Jason
SpOoNmAn Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Independence, Ohio, USA!!
Sit and wait for the cat to approach it. Don't have anything running..and when the cat is checking it out...crank the SOB and the cat will never look at it curiously again. I had the same worries with me DefTech mains.

My cat was checking them out so I waited till she left. Got a song loaded, paused it at a very loud part. Waited till she came back in(they always do), and unpaused it. She ran so fast her legs weren't touching the ground. That was over 2 years ago

Not one scratching incident since then, LOL. iT's worth a try right?

------------------
Play it LoUd!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/spoonmandts

#7291 - 02/23/03 10:31 AM Re: SVS Sub + Kitty=Angry Jason
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
SpOoNmAn's idea will likely be highly effective if it becomes necessary. Neither of my cats have tried scratching my SVS, though. When it first arrived and we ran it through its paces, both cats pretty much steered clear of it, probably due in large part to the rumble. They do occasionally sit on it now (the Maine Coon used to curl up on it once in a while before I moved it, and the 20 pound Persian has just started using it as a step up onto the entertainment center), but the good news is that it is plenty sturdy to hold up even a large cat.

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review

#7292 - 02/23/03 03:14 PM Re: SVS Sub + Kitty=Angry Jason
Oil Can Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Shelbyville, KY, USA
The only suggestions I can come up with are:
1.) Get rid of the cat.
2.) Get the cat its own sofa to scratch.

#7293 - 02/23/03 04:14 PM Re: SVS Sub + Kitty=Angry Jason
Smart Little Lena Offline
Desperado

Loc: Dallas
Outlaws use......squirt guns.
Keep one loaded with water in the room, everytime they go near off limits territory.....it usually only takes a few showers, and maybe a refresher course when the seasons change, (which makes them more playful).

#7294 - 02/23/03 09:06 PM Re: SVS Sub + Kitty=Angry Jason
m-mmeyer Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Chanhassen, MN, USA
I can make my Great Dane available on short notice! She likes Kittys!
Actually she really doesn't mind much of anything, unless you are breaking into the house at that point she will take exception.
Most cats though are intimidated by her size which is somewhat depressing to her since all she wants to do is "PLAY".

------------------
m-mmeyer
GO TWINS
My DVD's
"Pain heals, Chicks dig scars and glory is forever"
From the mouth of Keanu Reeves one the great pundits of our time! smile

#7295 - 02/24/03 10:10 PM Re: SVS Sub + Kitty=Angry Jason
bbarden Offline
Gunslinger

I've found anything citris will chase them away. I've got some orange air freshner that I spray very lightly on the grill cloth.

Try this, get an orange or lemon, you don't even have to break the skin, bring it to the cat to smell it...

Quote:
Originally posted by fmcorps:
Ok outlaws with cats I have a questions for ya'll.

I'm looking at demoing the SVS 16-46 PCi (looking at thtat reported 16hz bottom and drooling) and wondering ho I convince my cat not to look at it as the ultimate scratching post. She's left my speaker grills alone, but every once and awhile she decides to go after my couch.

Anyone else have to deal with this. (I'm not saying that I'm dealing with this now...I just want to have an stratedgy on hand.)

Jason

#7296 - 03/11/03 04:50 PM Re: SVS Sub + Kitty=Angry Jason
TANGO Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Jenison, MI, United States
Naw, you got it all wrong-- cats are frequently oppositionally defiant --meaning they see rules as a challenge. If you buy a cute little water bowl for them, they start drinking out of the toilet, etc., etc., etc.

So just indicate to them that these things are MEANT to be scratching posts, toys, whatever. Guarenteed you'll never see them near the speakers again. This has a name: felinology. Just think of this as an alternative to the previous "brute-force" suggestions that others have given in that the cats think they're sticking it to us my ignoring these EXPENSIVE new dohickies we spent our hard-earned cash on.

BE DEVIOUS!!

------------------

#7297 - 03/13/03 08:06 PM Re: SVS Sub + Kitty=Angry Jason
MixFixJ Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Vista, CA USA
Outlaws don't have cats! (Spoken as Tom Hanks from 'A Field of Their Own') Myself and my friend Bob, a 90lb. Boxer, haven't had a hint of cat trouble. What's the problem? Now that I'm newly married I hope that that situation will remain static. please God!
Mix

#7298 - 03/24/03 03:09 PM Re: SVS Sub + Kitty=Angry Jason
TANGO Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Jenison, MI, United States
Quote:
Originally posted by MixFixJ:
Now that I'm newly married I hope that that situation will remain static. please God!
Mix[/B]

You should have no problem in this regard based on years of experience with my wife and (don't you dare take this wrong) with other wives-- audio/video equipment doesn't seem to interest them much EXCEPT how much they cost. So just a suggestion-- BUY IT BEFORE YOU"RE MARRIED.

P.S. My dachhund agrees with your boxer.

------------------

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 140 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts