Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#72530 - 01/09/07 01:05 AM 1070 vs. 970/7075 combo?
Lizard King Offline
Desperado

Loc: NY
Hello all,

I would like to know how you feel the 1070 vs. this combo will be? In an area that is not to large (10 ft W by 15.5 ft L by 7 ft H? I know the combo as more power yet you have to use cables. Will the sound quality be very differnt or wil they be very close? What will the differences be?

I hope to get a lot of feedback?

Liz
HSU VTF-2 Mk2 sub x2
VAC PA100/100 Tube Amp
ARC SP16-L tube Preamp
Audio Note Dac 2.1 "B" signature
Furutech E-TP80,
Ascend HTM-200, 340C
Sony KDS-55A2020

#72531 - 01/09/07 03:23 AM Re: 1070 vs. 970/7075 combo?
nomoneybutgoodsound Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Mission,BC
I ordered this combo. In addition to this I have fairly new recievers in the kitchen(I know, a little extreme-Onkyo, living room - Onkyo and my bedroom (Marantz). My room in the basement is 36x14. I tried all 3 recievers in the basement first. All sounded all right but not enough power. The 970/7075 fit the room well. I use speakers from Athena Technologies, again tried different ones but these seem to fit the room. I have two DVD players/Game console/CD player/Cable box plugged into the 970. I really like how this has worked for me. The 7075 puts out enough power for both music and movies. It has become my favourite place to watch TV and listen to music despite the odd room dimensions and some really difficult room characteristics to overcome. The 970 has many adjustments. These take some time to perfect. My initial set up took about 3 weeks of intermittent use. Later I did some more tweaking ie. moving subwoofers around, lowering crossover points, changing DSP modes ect. Now I am very pleased with it. When friends want to hear it, I use the Eagles farewell tour. That DVD uses the surrounds well and the Subs. My only regret in this, is that I did not purchase it sooner, but rather went through the trial and error of reciever/speaker combos. Fortunately I have been able to sell some of my "errors" (Lots of guys at work love buying my stuff at a bit of a discount). The amp is heavy for a 4" box, it does not get that warm. The 970 has a quirk when switching from digital to analogue sources but this happens very seldom. Here in Canada, there is the additional costs of duty and handling fees (The Canadian government has to get their share) with cables it came to $2300 in Canadian dollars. To me it was well worth it. To purchase separates up here would cost far more. The cables that Outlaw sells are well built and snug and they look cool! Overall, the combo works well for me, there are plenty of adjustments to perfect your sound, more than enough power and plenty of inputs. I had thought about the 1070. Obviously it is much cheaper than separates. But there is a math problem that I encountered. If the 1070 consumes 855 watts and can put out 65wattsx7, this adds up. However, the 7075 consumes 1200watts while putting out 75x7. I can only assume that the difference would be in peak levels. I can only guess that is what is meant as "sonically better"? Regardless, the higher power consumption tells me that there is more power available for output.

Reviews for both products are available from many websites, and they are all fairly good.

Additionally, I like the idea of being able to upgrade the processor if I like while keeping the Amp, or using the Amp with a reciever. The ability to upgrade and move things around is easier and much cheaper using separates. But be warned, this could turn into a bad habit or long letter. Half the fun is in the research and anticipation of getting what you want so have some fun!

Who's Online
0 registered (), 157 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts