Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#72381 - 01/02/07 01:31 PM Re: No Volume control on 1070
Cybermynd Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Regina, Canada
Seems like I spoke too soon. I encountered this over the weekend. It happend trying to play a simple CD (Arcam CD73T - analog outputs) and the fix was to simply switch the audio input in the CD config screen away from analog and back again.

Also had a problem with monochrome video from my Pioneer DV46-AV player until I rebooted the 1070. Everything is computerized these days!!!

Also installed my last two speakers in my 7.1 system (Omnisat Micros except for the two fronts) and during the channel config the tone wouldn't switch to the appropriate speaker reliably. Eventually it did but there was no rhyme or reason to it.

This breadth of problems in what should be a fairly simple system (no cablebox, not xbox, no DVI connections) is somewhat worrisome. Having dealt with the vagaries of technology for many years I'm not too upset but consumer devices should just work flawlessly. I'm always amazed that ANYONE can actually continue to have a working computer for more than a week or two. This should not be the case for my stereo.

Having said all that, I love the sound and features and I'll live with the issues as long as they don't continue to multiply.

#72382 - 01/07/07 01:17 AM Re: No Volume control on 1070
D W Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Scott and Steve at Outlaw have been working with me to try to resolve my problems with no audio, etc. (see my previous posts, above). It's so great to be able to call Outlaw's toll-free number and get right through to people who are really knowledgeable about their products.

We've pretty much exhausted all the "easy fixes", including updating the firmware with a beta version they sent me, so I'm now awaiting delivery of a replacement unit. The Outlaws have been wonderful to work with, going above and beyond what I would have expected to get me a properly-functioning 1070.

By the way, they would have been perfectly willing for me to just return my receiver under the 30-day money-back guarantee. But I like the sound of the 1070 so much that I'm really reluctant to give up on it!

#72383 - 02/05/07 11:46 PM Re: No Volume control on 1070
mlevinedc Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Torrington, CT
I seem to be in the same no audio situation as PROPUP had. While I've had the intermittent no audio when just turned on and could resolve it by switching inputs up and back, now I have none at all. The Volume knob doesn't change the -db level, the remote functions all work except Vol up/down. Did the Beta update sucessfully, still no audio. If I move the Vol knob during the first second or two after turn on, the -db level will change, but no audio output. Emails sent to support, hoping to hear from someone tomorrow.

Mark

#72384 - 02/06/07 01:47 AM Re: No Volume control on 1070
TooMuchActions Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Los Angeles
mlevinedc, for me I can switch between inputs or can switch to different tv channel if I'm watching tv...with the new beta firmware. I do still experience intermittent no audio issue. I have dishnetwork with hd channel packages...using dishnetwork vp211 hd receiver....ocassionally I do get intermittent no audio on some of the hd channels--espnhd, discoveryhd, equitorhd, rushhd.

#72385 - 02/06/07 01:58 AM Re: No Volume control on 1070
TooMuchActions Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Los Angeles
ocassionally I do get intermittent no audio on some of the hd channels but forgot to mention this. with the January 2007 Beta firmware for the av1070, it seem the intermittent of no audio is much better(lesser intermittent) then the previous firmware(ot1070_020906.hex.

#72386 - 02/11/07 03:47 PM Re: No Volume control on 1070
mlevinedc Offline
Gunslinger

Since having spoken with Steve (after installing the Beta), I set the defaults, then customized my settings. The Audio returned and worked fine for the past 6 days without a glitch. This afternoon, I turn on the 1070, my cable box, then my DLP projector, I get video, no audio - again frozen. If I push the up/dn audio control on the remote or rotate the vol control, no change on the OSD or menu, yet changing betw input sources, I note a change in -db readings corresponding to the approximate change expected but no audio out.

This is becoming very frustrating.

Mark Levine, D.C

#72387 - 02/12/07 08:33 AM Re: No Volume control on 1070
mlevinedc Offline
Gunslinger

As further follow-up. I reset the unit, powered off, powered on, and reloaded the Beta firmware once again. Set the defaults, still locks up at POST, no audio -25db.

#72388 - 02/12/07 11:32 PM Re: No Volume control on 1070
D W Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Mark -

Your problems mirror mine almost exactly. The January update worked great for me for a couple weeks, then everything went to heck for no apparent reason. Almost the same symptoms as yours. And it's happened twice now.

I finally loaded a beta update for the 970 that was sent to me in error, and oddly it seems to be working quite well. at least for the now smile

#72389 - 02/13/07 03:41 PM Re: No Volume control on 1070
mlevinedc Offline
Gunslinger

I've been instructed to remove the unit from the A/C power source overnight. I've done so but have yet to turn it on.

#72390 - 02/13/07 06:41 PM Re: No Volume control on 1070
mlevinedc Offline
Gunslinger

I've had the 1070 unplugged since last night. Powered it up, still no audio. Tried to do a reset, loaded the Beta again, reset the defaults, no audio.

What I find strange is the default audio level is -25db, if a turn the vol control or use the up/dn vol on the remote, while the OSD/menu shows no response, if I change between sources, the audio does not return but the audio level on the OSD/menu changes.

14" of snow coming and I can't watch a movie,,,well I can watch but will have to lip read.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 177 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts