Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#72250 - 11/02/06 01:38 PM Re: Vertical hold issue
Corndog71 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Chicago
I haven't had any problems with my game systems. I have a new sony VCR and when I go to the on screen menu it scrolls vertically. It's connected via composite cable. That's the only time it happens though. I wonder if the VCR is sending a weak signal because sometimes while changing channels my projector (connected by component cables) loses the signal.

#72251 - 01/04/07 07:33 PM Re: Vertical hold issue
dadoparsons Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: CA
I have had the vertical hold problem for over 6 months. I called phone support and couldn't get it resolved. It was 3 sources: 1-VCR using composite inputs, 2-vs/maxx handheld self contained game console using composite, 3-Jakks Spongebob self contained game console using composite. Didn't matter what composite input. The 1070 is connected using component into the tv (sony HDTV)

Interestingly, when I put it into the front composite inputs of my toshiba dvd player, which then goes component into the 1070 - behold, no problem.

Other issues I am having - the "no audio" issue discussed elsewhere, occasional power toggle on my universal remote not working (could be a million things).

#72252 - 01/04/07 09:08 PM Re: Vertical hold issue
PodBoy Offline
Gunslinger

One has to wonder if the handheld/self-contained game consoles aren't part of the problem. THose sorts of products may use very inexpensive circuitry with poor/inaccurate sync timing. Did the VCR work better when you disconnected the two game things?

#72253 - 01/24/07 11:39 PM Re: Vertical hold issue
Hog Up Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Normal, IL
I am having the same scrolling with my JVC VCR / DVD combo deck. When playing the VCR this happens. Both the OSM and the video playback scrolls. I haven't called tech support yet, but will be soon (I was hoping a solution from the tech guys would have posted by now).
Mitsubishi LaserVue L75
Legacy Audio Whispers, Marquis, Decos, Studio HDs, and Metro sub
Blue Jeans Cable cables

#72254 - 01/25/07 02:31 PM Re: Vertical hold issue
JHoff80 Offline
Gunslinger

I've never had the vertical hold problem as described, but I recently noticed another issue with a videogame system.

In Wii Sports Bowling, consistently every time I throw a strike, the screen will blank for a second and then return to the game. From what I understand, it loses sync of the signal for just that split second. This is with the component cables from the system routed through the 1070. With it connected directly from the system to the monitor I don't have that issue. The Outlaw clearly has the bandwidth for 480p, so I'm not really sure why its happening.

#72255 - 03/18/07 07:21 PM Re: Vertical hold issue
JHoff80 Offline
Gunslinger

This issue is getting more annoying. As I've been picking up more games, I've noticed other places that it occurs, sometimes at times that are much more of a problem. For example, after I crash in Excite Truck, I get the same thing.

This is growing to be my biggest issue with the 1070, because its only a 480p signal, and it can't even pass that through correctly.

#72256 - 03/18/07 10:42 PM Re: Vertical hold issue
PodBoy Offline
Gunslinger

What happens when you use composite or S-Video? Also, what type of display are you using and does it have separate "HD Component" and "SD Component" inputs?

#72257 - 03/18/07 10:56 PM Re: Vertical hold issue
JHoff80 Offline
Gunslinger

I'm using a Westinghouse 37" 1080p LCD, which has two component inputs, both support from 640x480 up to 1920x1080 resolution. Unfortunately I have 3 devices that use component inputs so I can't just use the monitor's inputs, which don't have this issue.

Also, the Harmony remote I'm using doesn't have the device buttons exactly right, so basically that prevents me from switching back and forth between component inputs easily on the monitor, so I'd much rather use the receiver.

Plus, the Wii's component cables only have a small amount of reach between the audio part and video part of the cables, so I couldn't plug them into two separate places anyway.

I did not have the issue using the Wii composite cable, but that also was only 480i obviously, and looks a lot worse, so that's not really a good solution.

My best guess would be that certain screens within the game, when they're passed through the 1070, cause the monitor to need to re-sync onto the video signal. I thought in progressive mode, it was just a straight passthrough, so that doesn't make much sense to me, but thats what happens.

#72258 - 03/20/07 11:19 PM Re: Vertical hold issue
Don Bruechert Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Manitowoc, WI
I'm having the exact same problem with my JVC SVHS VCR - there is a vertical roll no matter what I am doing with it, and I have gone through cables and played with it as well - tried various inputs, etc. The OSD and the background screen are rolling together - perfectly synchronized. I whined about this in another post a couple of months ago, but don't recall getting any responses. The VCR works fine when I run it directly into the TV.

It makes no difference if I am playing a video or I am at the blue "no video" screen, it does the same thing.

#72259 - 09/08/07 03:28 PM Re: Vertical hold issue
MTboy Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: sutton, ma
I'm have the problem, but only in a very specific situation. I recently purchased the Nintendo Wii. The video through the 1070 works fine except in the Virtual Console mode. The regular Wii games work, but if you download Super Mario, etc, the vertical hold issue appears. I tried different inputs and also tried a component video cable with the same results. I have had to connect the video directly to my TV. I'm disappointed that I can't view Wii via component video (TV only has one component input, that is used by 1070) and I have to change the video input on my TV when changing from TV, DVD to the Wii.
Can't this be addressed with a software upgrade?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 103 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM