Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#72260 - 09/15/07 07:45 PM Re: Vertical hold issue
eire360 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Tempe, AZ
The video output on my 1070 receiver appears to be failing. In any video mode (Video 1, Video 2, DVD) I am getting intermittent video sync errors. Specifically, the screen flickers, loses vertical hold and sometimes just goes black. I am running S-video from my cable box, component from my Xbox 360 and DVD player and component out to my TV.

I'm going to have the fun of recabling the system one component at a time today to see if there is a smoking gun, but I'm really starting to think it's the 1070.

#72261 - 09/17/07 03:24 PM Re: Vertical hold issue
eire360 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Tempe, AZ
Well it actually appears I have a bad component video cable, who would have thunk.

#72262 - 05/19/08 10:46 AM Re: Vertical hold issue
Belgand Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: San Francisco, CA
Wow... I can't believe how long it's been since I opened this thread. In that time I've moved from Kansas to San Francisco, lived here for a year, and found a new game that has the same problem! If anyone has a copy Disgaea for the PS2 causes it as well.

I've basically learned to just live with it, albeit unhappily. Since it's only a few games I just keep the PS2 plugged into the front inputs and swap it over to the TV (which also conveniently has front composite inputs) whenever I need to. With the Gamecube I have a spare cable and I just swap that out while leaving the regular one plugged into the 1070.

It just looks like, for whatever reason, the 1070 has video problems with certain... well... I don't even know what triggers it. Not hardware alone, but it looks like a certain kind of signal somehow makes it go a bit loopy. Literally.

I still don't think there's any way to fix this and with the way things have gone and the 1070 discontinued it doesn't look like it'll ever be fixed. Hopefully when the new receivers and pre/pros come out (and with the increase in Blu-Ray adoption it looks like that'll be rather soon so they have products that support TrueHD and DTS HD) they won't have the same problem. Until then, well, hopefully you can find a way to circumvent the problem and learn to live with it. Not what you want to hear for the kind of money we're spending on these, but sadly, it looks like the only answer.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Who's Online
0 registered (), 133 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts