Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#72190 - 08/02/06 08:37 PM Speaker Calibration????????????
titleist Offline
Gunslinger

Just would like to know if I did this correctly. I have the RS SPL Digital meter. I set the meter to slow..weighting to C..Set it at a range of 70. I have Orb Mod2 surround sound speakers. I set the volume on the 1070 to approx -10, and set all speakers to 70. All the channels are now at the 70 level from my listening position. I got them all equal with the following adjustments to the trim level.. Front left +6 Center +7 Front right +7 Back left +9 and back right +10. Those trim levels seem high. Do I need to change the volume to zero and do it again which should lower all the trim levels. I just need an idiots guide to make sure I'm doing this correctly. Also, if I need to do this again should I take all trim levels to o and work from there.Let me know if there is anything I'm missing. Any help would be great.

#72191 - 08/02/06 09:29 PM Re: Speaker Calibration????????????
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
The most important aspect of speaker calibration is getting things level, which you have done. That being said, I'd generally set the main volume to 0 for calibration unless I had a compelling reason to do differently (such as unusually efficient speakers that would need a large negative trim with the main volume at 0dB) - calibrating at a 0dB main volume to achieve 75dB on the meter would have yielded trim settings about 5dB lower than you have currently. What you might do is lower all of your trim settings by five or six dB. That would give you 0dB of trim for the front left, +1 for the front right and center, +3 for the back left, and +4 for the back right.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 184 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts