Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#7204 - 02/19/03 12:41 AM Re: Klipsch Anyone?
Hoots Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Flower Mound, TX USA
I would think the new 7100/950 combo would be a good fit for Klipsch because they don't require much power. Many Klipsch owners like Outlaw.

I have Klipsch Cornwalls (96db/watt/m) and the Outlaw 1050 and I think there are several other Klipsch owners that have the 1050 as well. Outlaw has been a popular brand on the Klipsch forum. My 1050 is plenty of power but the 950/7100 is tempting for more updated features and the move to separates.

Few Klipsch owners seem to want much power. For 2-channel audio many prefer 3 watt SET or ~30w vintage modified tube amps.

Cornwalls cost around $800 on ebay and many prefer them (and the bigger heritage models) to the new reference line. Others like the RF7's better.

The Cornwalls are very revealing and good source material, playback and amplification is needed. For HT I think they provide a big sound stage with great dynamics just not found in the other brands I've heard at stores.

For music I'm finding the best sound requires careful selection of components upstream or the sound can be bright and harsh.

My plan for the Cornwalls is:
* HT: Outlaw 7100/950

2-channel:
*TT: Music Hall MM5 or Linn LP12
*CD: Rega Planet
*amp: ST-70 Curcio mod
*pre: Cary slp-70

#7205 - 02/19/03 08:23 AM Re: Klipsch Anyone?
scubadj Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Virginia
I, too, am using '78 Cornwalls for the fronts (in fact I bought them during the blizzard of '79 - this weekend brought back memories). I'm using Heresys for the surrounds and a C-7 for the center. I love the sound I get using the 950 and a Parasound amp - thinking about the new 7100 if I get wife approval. I've never thought about changing speakers. I did perform a minor "tweak" to the Cornwalls and have thought about upgrading the crossovers to the AKL versions. I have listened to the newer Klipsch speakers but preferred mine. One thing to consider though if you decide to go for older Klipsch models is space. They take up a lot of room.

Don

#7206 - 02/20/03 08:33 PM Re: Klipsch Anyone?
Hoots Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Flower Mound, TX USA
Wow! cornwalls and heresys.... I sold by KLF-C7 center and bought another pair of Heresys for front center (inverted) and rear center. the C7 is a great center but I didn't like the timbre matching as much. I've thought about trying an Academy.

#7207 - 02/22/03 10:46 PM Re: Klipsch Anyone?
senordaley Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Bakersfield, California u.s.a
How about the synergy line? AFTER I audition the synergy SB3's for front, and SC1 center with the 950-7100 combo,if it is too bright, the speakers go. BTW, anyone with knowledge of Speakercraft AIM series for rear channel and rear effects? I would be hesitant combining Klipsch W/ speakercraft for the large difference in Sensitivity/efficiency rating between the two brands (speakercraft-88, klipsch around 93). I am hoping that they will compliment each other. I'll be using a sub of course.

#7208 - 01/08/04 03:00 PM Re: Klipsch Anyone?
rklein Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: griffin, ga, usa
I use the Klipsch Synergy line ( 1 pair sf-1s, 1 sc-1, 4 ss-1s, and the ksw-12 sub). This system sounds great for all kinds of music and home theater viewing kicks serious butt!!!!! I also had a pair of birch Herresy speakers which I used for 2 channel stereo listening before I got into ht. I would recommend the synergy line as an economical approach in lieu of the slightly more expensive reference line.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
0 registered (), 112 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts