Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#71894 - 04/04/06 05:15 PM Some 1070 Pre-order questions
wyzard Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Good afternoon. I currently have a Denon AV-2105 and am extremely interested in the Outlaw 1070.

My current set up includes a Sony DVD Jukebox (component), Xbox 360 (component), VCR (composite), Comcast HD DVR (DVI), Denon DVD (DVI - Soon to be replaced with Toshiba HD DVD HDMI to DVI cable). I also have a PS2 and Gamecube.

If I connect the DVD player to DVI input on the Outlaw, then connect the DVD Jukebox to a component connection (probably DVD), if I want to watch the Jukebox and the DVD is off, will the 1070 "pick up" the signal from the component and feed it through?

With my setup above, what would be the best way to connect my devices to the Outlaw.

Thanks for the help.

#71895 - 04/06/06 12:42 PM Re: Some 1070 Pre-order questions
wyzard Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Can anyone provide me any input on this?

Thanks.

#71896 - 04/06/06 12:55 PM Re: Some 1070 Pre-order questions
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
I don't have a 1070, so I'm not the best source. The question as I understand it is whether the component switching remains active for the DVD and Video2 inputs when DVI cables are connected. As far as I can tell from the way the 1070's video switching works, that is the case and what you are describing should work - but since I don't have a 1070, I haven't ever tried it.

#71897 - 04/08/06 11:57 AM Re: Some 1070 Pre-order questions
Don Bruechert Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Manitowoc, WI
Yes it should work fine as long as you don't have the power on for both devices at the same time - otherwise if your video input is set on "Auto" it will choose the best one and pick the DVI signal over the component one.

You can also go into the input configuration screen and choose the input type manually as Component, but that will require you to switch back and forth - the power switch thing is the best option.

#71898 - 04/08/06 06:05 PM Re: Some 1070 Pre-order questions
wyzard Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Thanks Don.

What about the audio inputs? Will I be able to use both optical 1 and coax 1 to get sound...one from the DVD player through DVI and one from the Jukebox through component?

Thanks again.

#71899 - 04/09/06 12:05 PM Re: Some 1070 Pre-order questions
Don Bruechert Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Manitowoc, WI
No, you get to pick one digital input per device (DVD, CD, SAT is what I mean by device) - you would have to change the setting there too. I haven't had the need so I've never looked, but if you look hard enough you might be able to buy a TOS Link (optical) selector switch. Now that I think about it, you probably could get away with it if you used the COAX audio output on both players and bought yourself a really high quality Male - 2 Fameale Y-Adapter and hooked them both to one of the coax inputes. As long as you are already keeping the power off on the unused component it might work - I have no idea if there will be any sound quality degradation or not, and someone who knows more might come along and shoot me for suggesting it, but.... My only caution is try it with the volume of the receiver set really low in case it causes some kind of static burst, and at that same low volume level try it with both devices turned on so you can simulate what would happen if you "accidentally" had them both on before it actually happens.

#71900 - 04/09/06 05:15 PM Re: Some 1070 Pre-order questions
P Holland Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Norfolk, VA
That's a standard for most A/V recievers and processors. You should be able to switch from digital input to input and the fixed analog input after you have selected the source.

#71901 - 04/09/06 05:46 PM Re: Some 1070 Pre-order questions
gonk Offline
Desperado

I don't know that I agree entirely with that - in general, I would expect a given source to typically be associated with only one digital input (just like it is only associated with one analog input). In fact, many receivers and processors have the digital inputs fixed to a single source rather than using the assignable inputs offered by the 1070.

#71902 - 04/09/06 05:57 PM Re: Some 1070 Pre-order questions
Owl's_Warder Offline
Desperado

Loc: Grants Pass, OR
I want to make sure I understand what you're asking here. You have a DVD player hooked up to arbitrary input 1, and a multi-dvd player hooked up to arbitrary input 2. You want to watch video from input 1 but listen to sound from input 2 (or maybe the other way around) right?

If so, and if the audio for both are connected to digital inputs, it shouldn't be a big deal to do at all. While Don Bruechert is correct that you can only use one digital input at a time for a given source, the digital inputs are all assignable. This means that you can pick the video you want and then change the audio to the digital input from the other device. I don't know how complicated or simple that is to do with the 1070, but on my 1050 I have a button that just toggles through the all of the digital inputs and then the analog input for the source I'm using. So if I'm watching TIVO on video 1 with audio coming from OPT 1, I can toggle through analog audio for video 1, OPT 1 digital in, OPT 2 digital in, and COAX digital in with the touch of a button. Simple to change my audio from OPT 1 to the CD on OPT 2.

If it's not as simple to toggle inputs on the 1070, there's another way that this can be done with my 1050 which may very well work with the 1070. If I am watching a video source, say DVD and then pick an audio only input, such as CD, the audio switches but the video remains being fed through from the previous source. So if you have an unused audio only source, perhaps the AUX input, you could assign that to the desired digital audio input. So in this example you select the video input you wish to watch and then switch to the AUX input. You now would have the video being fed through from your video source but you would also have the audio from your AUX input, which you have assigned to the other digital input of interest.

#71903 - 04/09/06 06:41 PM Re: Some 1070 Pre-order questions
gonk Offline
Desperado

Quote:
there's another way that this can be done with my 1050 which may very well work with the 1070. If I am watching a video source, say DVD and then pick an audio only input, such as CD, the audio switches but the video remains being fed through from the previous source.
I think that the 1070 also does this - it's the technique I suggested to wyzard in this thread .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,692 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM