Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#71835 - 07/09/06 01:52 PM Re: Comcast HD-DVR/HDMI-DVI
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Good plan - they'll get you sorted out one way or another.

#71836 - 07/09/06 07:47 PM Re: Comcast HD-DVR/HDMI-DVI
Tom899 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Michigan
Quote:
Originally posted by augobbler:
It will respond to all commands except for volume control. The volume control on the front panel and the remote do nothing. After several seconds the volume number changes to some other number, like a delayed reaction. Other than that, it seems to be functioning just like normal, just no audio at all.
Can you push the mute and menu button on the receiver at the same time, it should then give you a message, then push 1 on the remote? This will reset to default values. So, if you do this write down your settings first. This should work for you.

#71837 - 07/10/06 07:37 AM Re: Comcast HD-DVR/HDMI-DVI
gonk Offline
Desperado

For what it's worth, there's some feedback in this AVS thread that some of Motorola's HD-DVR boxes (used by Comcast) have what sounds like a design flaw that prevents them from getting an HDCP handshake with a display if there's a repeater in the signal path. It would be a major problem for HDMI v1.1 receivers and processors, but it may even be a problem for HDMI and DVI switches such as the Gefen boxes and Outlaw's 990, 970, and 1070.

Have any Motorola HD-DVR users around here tried using the DVI switching in a 1070/970 or 990?

#71838 - 07/10/06 12:24 PM Re: Comcast HD-DVR/HDMI-DVI
augobbler Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Mobile, AL
Quote:
Originally posted by Tom899:
Quote:
[b] It will respond to all commands except for volume control. The volume control on the front panel and the remote do nothing. After several seconds the volume number changes to some other number, like a delayed reaction. Other than that, it seems to be functioning just like normal, just no audio at all.
Can you push the mute and menu button on the receiver at the same time, it should then give you a message, then push 1 on the remote? This will reset to default values. So, if you do this write down your settings first. This should work for you. [/b]
I have done this reset a couple of times and it is still in the same situation. mad

#71839 - 07/11/06 04:59 PM Re: Comcast HD-DVR/HDMI-DVI
Dave Gross Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Seattle
I ended up giving up and just running the HDMI direct from the stupid Comcast Box to the NEC. The DVD works fine using the 1070 switching tho.

#71840 - 07/27/06 07:53 PM Re: Comcast HD-DVR/HDMI-DVI
augobbler Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Mobile, AL
I finally found a serial cable and a computer with a serial port and the audio problem is fixed...whew. I am having the video switching problem still, but at least the surround is great. I am going to go ahead and connect my comcast straight to the TV with an HDMI-HDMI cable to get the 1080 lines and just pass audial via optical to the 1070. Not my ideal solution, but I got no satisfaction out of complaining to Comcast to get them to push a firmware fix.

Thanks for ya'lls help. It sounds awesome!

#71841 - 07/27/06 08:23 PM Re: Comcast HD-DVR/HDMI-DVI
gonk Offline
Desperado

Excellent news!

#71842 - 08/05/06 08:59 AM Re: Comcast HD-DVR/HDMI-DVI
jetpuck04 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Philadelphia
Quote:
I am definitely having trouble with a comcast HD/DVR box. Often times when I go from a non-HD channel to an HD channel, my 1070 does not passthru the HD signal properly, it on passes 480 lines. I know this because my Sony 50" SXRD shows the resolution it is recieving. This causes the "black lines" at the top and bottom of the screen. I have to turn the 1070 off, then back on to get the 1080 resolution.

Now problem #2. I experienced the above problem last night, so I turned the 1070 off then back on and now NO AUDIO at all. It appears to be stuck, the volume button on the remote and on the front of the unit will not change the volume and there is no sound what so ever coming out of the speakers. I tried to unplug and leave it for a while then replug, same problem. I tried the system reset, same problem.

Please help!! I have not installed the software update because I don't have a serial port on my home laptop. I am really stuck here.

#71843 - 08/05/06 09:01 AM Re: Comcast HD-DVR/HDMI-DVI
jetpuck04 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Philadelphia
Regarding Comcast - get to the 'setup' screen on the comcast box. there you can set both the screen format as well as, i think, how it defaults for HD. I think you do this via the power but and then the menu button. you have to do this directly from the cable box, not the remote.
good luck.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
0 registered (), 184 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts