Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#71662 - 12/15/05 09:23 AM Re: Component video problems (solved!)
Tito Rules Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Philadelphia
I noticed the white flashes for the first time last night after I connected a second DVD player to the component inputs of my Model 1070. Before connecting the second DVD player, I was using only one set of component inputs, and I didn't have any white flashes. Now I'm using two sets of component inputs, and the video from both DVD players flashes.

In the hope of nailing down this problem, I'd be interested to learn how others with the "white flash" problem are using their component inputs. More specifically:

1) How many component inputs are you using?
2) Which component inputs are you using?
3) Does the problem persist if you only use only one component input?

I hope we see a fix for this soon.

Matt

#71663 - 12/15/05 12:30 PM Re: Component video problems (solved!)
Doug917 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Shawnee, KS
On the 970 I got, I started with the DVD component input and had the flashes right off the bat. I tried the other two component inputs and had the same issues on all three inputs.

#71664 - 12/15/05 01:27 PM Re: Component video problems (solved!)
Belgand Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: San Francisco, CA
Nope, I'm only using one component input. As I stated originally switching to the other component inputs did not help at all. The same flashes continued to occur at the same time regardless of which input (DVD, Video 2, Video 3) was used.

As well the component inputs were the only video inputs to cause problems. If possible try connecting through the Video 4 inputs on the front panel (unless you really want to dig around in back) with either S-video or composite or both. Does the problem persist?

Personally I only checked composite since my only S-video cable is in-use and would be a PITA to swap around. I deemed that proving that composite did not demonstrate the problem (and my experience of never noticing any issues with devices hooked up via S-video or composite) was sufficient.

#71665 - 12/15/05 01:33 PM Re: Component video problems (solved!)
Ragnar Offline
Gunslinger

I haven't tried any other type of video input aside from component. I'll try it tonight if I get time.

#71666 - 12/15/05 03:59 PM Re: Component video problems (solved!)
Tito Rules Offline
Gunslinger

This is curious. I was hoping the problem might be linked to the recent change in my system, but it's probably not. More likely, I just hadn't noticed the white flashes before reading about them in this thread.

My wife certainly had a hard time identifying the problem. Last night, after I began seeing the white flashes, I asked my wife to tell me if she noticed anything strange about the picture while we were watching a movie. The screen flashed about five times over a ten minute period. She didn't notice anything but it was driving me crazy. After about 15 minutes I specifically told her, “Tell me if you see the screen flash.” The screen flashed again and she saw it. Now she can't ignore them either.

Ignorance is bliss.

Matt

#71667 - 12/16/05 10:21 AM Re: Component video problems (solved!)
Tito Rules Offline
Gunslinger

Last night, I removed the second DVD player from my system, and, unfortunately, the white flashes persist on the component inputs. As far as I can tell, the composite video inputs aren't affected.

Did anyone else have time to test last night? What were your results?

Matt

#71668 - 12/16/05 11:59 AM Re: Component video problems (solved!)
Ragnar Offline
Gunslinger

It appears that Outlaw is trying to address/recreate this issue. They have sent me a request for equipment list. These guys are great. I don't think I can ever remember an electronics company that has this type of customer service. I feel good about the prospect of getting this issue resolved.

I'll try other video inputs/outputs other than component this weekend.
Ragnar

#71669 - 12/16/05 12:05 PM Re: Component video problems (solved!)
Tito Rules Offline
Gunslinger

I got the e-mail too. It's good to see they're working on it.

#71670 - 12/16/05 01:18 PM Re: Component video problems (solved!)
Belgand Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: San Francisco, CA
Indeed. I've worked in customer service for a computer company (*cough*Gateway*cough*, who doesn't want you to know it, but quite predictably outsources all of their customer service and tech. support) and we practically had policies preventing us from being this nice to customers. Since I frequently also had to deal with customer service from a number of other companies I've rarely found anyone who even comes close to this level. Of course, they're a small, consumer-focused company operating in a small portion (enthusiast, online-only) of the market so they have the ability to do things this way.

#71671 - 12/16/05 06:31 PM Re: Component video problems (solved!)
iardon Offline
Gunslinger

Once I get my 970 all connected I'll also run a test on Toy Story 2.

I just hope it's not a hardware issue and can be corrected via a software upgrade.
M&K 851 for L/C/R
Axiom QS8 for SL/SR/1SB
SVS Pb12-ISD/2 (x2)
Sony VPL-HW15 (Retired Infocus 7205)
Sony PS3 / Pioneer DV-533

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 177 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts