Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#71585 - 11/13/05 06:14 PM Re: Klipsch and Outlaw
rdperry Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Dayton Ohio
brubcca, Thanks for the input its good to hear from someone who knows the area. I have heard of the Paragon Club but I am not really sure if it still around. Thanks also for the hint about parts express. I have gotten some great deals on cables and speaker wire there. They have a location downtown by the Dayton Dragons stadium. I have been a little worried that if I use a receiver and not a prepro that I may be missing out on alot of the the benefits that a seperate amp will offer. I like to have a system that sounds good with music as well as one that will have a dynamic impact on my movies and video games. I have read about the upcoming new surround formats for the hd dvds and I cant tell if you need hdmi or some places that I have read say that you will be able to use one of the existing digital inputs on your processer or receiver but will not get the full resoulotion that can be offered. Like you said I guess at this point it is best to wait and see.

#71586 - 11/13/05 06:14 PM Re: Klipsch and Outlaw
brubacca Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Mount Laurel, NJ
Hi Painttoad..

I really want to try one of the speaker kits that they have. I have not DIYed before although I can solder so that part is fine. You think that the Dayton Silk/Al MTM kit is worth trying? or the Vifa/Al MTM?

#71587 - 11/13/05 06:47 PM Re: Klipsch and Outlaw
erikm12 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Shenandoah Valley
Rdperry,
All my speakers are sitting in their boxes! I'm finishing out the basement and am waiting to get a rec or pre/amp combo and fire my speakers up with that. Kinda gives me incentive to work on the project...lol

I have some old Quartet's that are low lvl Klipsch and love them. When I heard the Rf 7's I knew that was for me. Heavenly. smile I think they had a Rotel amp driving them, I need to go back and look, but I was very impressed with them at the store. Then again I like Klipsch.

#71588 - 11/13/05 07:11 PM Re: Klipsch and Outlaw
painttoad Offline
Desperado

Loc: peoria il
brubacca ,

i'm more into raw drivers,build my own cabinets.

i'm still workin' on designing x-overs,but the dayton 2-way seems to be a good starting point.

i'm into the 'reference' line from dayton.aluminum cast basket,aluminum(black anodized) cone,solid alum. phase plug.....

click below on 'blade' those are my prototypes.

save time. laugh these are my first homemade speakers.designed ALOT of sub boxes.

http://www.msnusers.com/stereoandtruckphotos/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=71
(use arrows to scan ahead)

call them 000001 & 000002.

and yeah,these things SMOKE my 601s.

laugh cool i am very proud.(this time)!!!!

yes,don't rub your eyes.that is (or are) 2 audio control c-101 eqs.mostly for future use but i thought:why not, got a chance.top one is room response(mic)

#71589 - 11/13/05 07:33 PM Re: Klipsch and Outlaw
brubacca Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Mount Laurel, NJ
rdperry:
I feel your pain on this one. I am in a similar situation. I have separates now, but they are quite old and I only have Pro-Logic and Dolby Digital. I am at a point where I really want DTS, and PLII. I have decided that I will use Outlaw Equipment as my next processor/receiver, but I can't decide which way to go. On one hand I could get the 1070 and use it while the whole mess is figured out with HDMI, Firewire.. etc.. Then get the processor after the 990. My wife and I are in a small condo now and I really would only need the 1070 so I could consolidate some equipment. The thought is that in the future the 1070 could end up being spun off into the bedroom or elsewhere when we have a house. Another thought is that I could just get the 990 and there is a really good chance that it would hold me over for a long time. The only concern I have about the 1070 is the fact that is doesn't have assignable DVI or Component inputs. Unless I am wrong the way they are assigned it is really only useful to use one or the other, not both. On the 990 they are both fully assignable. I am sure that sonically the 990 is superior, but I'm also sure that the difference is subtle.

Painttoad:
I have no tools and no ability to fabricate my own cabinets. So full on DIY would be difficult. Those sepeakers look great.

Regards,

Charlie

#71590 - 11/13/05 07:47 PM Re: Klipsch and Outlaw
painttoad Offline
Desperado

thanks,they sound awesome.would like to put the killer finish on them,but,gotta work on the truck system this winter.already workin' on a set of towers,also(design process)

#71591 - 11/13/05 08:22 PM Re: Klipsch and Outlaw
painttoad Offline
Desperado

Quote:
Originally posted by brubacca:
Hi Painttoad..

I really want to try one of the speaker kits that they have. I have not DIYed before although I can solder so that part is fine. You think that the Dayton Silk/Al MTM kit is worth trying? or the Vifa/Al MTM?
but to reply... laugh ... i think their kits are a bit pricey.though i would not doubt they would smoke the competition.but for about $150 more than the kit i think you are talking 'bout,you could have a pair of b&w 602s.

it's only money right?the 602s really sound killer!!!

#71592 - 11/13/05 10:10 PM Re: Klipsch and Outlaw
painttoad Offline
Desperado

and i will add that i spent ALOT more cash than a pair of speakers would cost!just so i could build my own,friends,,,

i really wanna get out of auto painting.i'd much rather design n build speakers & paint them...it's almost redundant

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Who's Online
0 registered (), 133 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts