Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#7133 - 01/12/03 08:23 AM Center channel speaker for Thiel CS 2.2's?
Metal Mike Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: PA
I have a set of Thiel CS 2.2 speakers that are being promoted to a home theater system. I still love these babies. Any ideas, short of buying Thiel's center channel speaker ($$$), on what other center channel speaker might complement the CS 2.2's? How can you get into at least the ballpark of a matched speaker short of listening to everything in the showrooms or better yet bringing center channels home to place side by side with the 2.2's? A speaker by Revel has been recommended to me but I am not sure if it is because it might really match up with the 2.2's or if it is simply because this is what the store has to offer.

#7134 - 01/12/03 11:02 PM Re: Center channel speaker for Thiel CS 2.2's?
gregoryx Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Newport Beach, CA
I ran the Tannoy Revolution RC with my CS3.6s for a while. The sound match was good.

I listened to a few different centers with the 2.3s that were at the shop including two from Thiel and preferred the sound of the Tannoy over the low-end Thiel, though the high-end Thiel ($2K, if I recall correctly) was a bit better, but it was WAY too big for my environment.

In the end, I've returned the Tannoy for aesthetics reasons; I'm going to Niles DS6500ATs in the ceiling for all the surrounds.

I'd recommend the Tannoy for sound and price, especially as a match with the Thiels.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 91 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts