Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#71331 - 09/14/05 03:50 PM Re: Running 2 powered subwoofers
painttoad Offline
Desperado

Loc: peoria il
my sub amp(before i smoked it) only had l&r inputs,no lfe and there was much more gain running a splitter and connecting both.

are there really subs with 2 LFE inputs?if so,why?

#71332 - 09/14/05 05:31 PM Re: Running 2 powered subwoofers
Snarl Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Canada
Well you guy's are most likely right however there is a potentional 6dB gain in amplitude when feeding the two LFE inputs on the Sub with a Splitter and I suspect my friend thinks that by splitting out of the single LFE on the receiver he's created a parallel circuit and thus affected overall resitance and thus signal strength and is viewing the two splitters at the Subs as a way to compensate. There is no doubt that thinking about this gets the Ol' Eyebrows Twitching but it does make for interesting discussion. smile

Quote:
Originally posted by painttoad:
my sub amp(before i smoked it) only had l&r inputs,no lfe and there was much more gain running a splitter and connecting both.

are there really subs with 2 LFE inputs?if so,why?
Yes, my sub for example has two LFE Low Pass inputs, you'd use the "Left" for a single LFE however the two may be there for runing inbetween a Pre-Pro but I'm not sure. There have been recommendations to use a splitter at these two Inputs for Subs that have an Auto-On circuit that's not sensitive to operate with the single LFE input. Using a splitter sends the same Signal to the two inputs and has the same affect of a 6dB channel level gain in signal.

at least this is my story... and I'm sticking to it smile

Another Guy From Canada
Outlaw 990 Preamp/Processor
Outlaw 755 Amplifier
2 x Paradigm Monitor 11's Mains
2 x Paradigm Monitor 7's Surrounds
1 x Paradigm CC-370 Center
1 x Paradigm PW-2100 Sub

#71333 - 09/14/05 05:57 PM Re: Running 2 powered subwoofers
painttoad Offline
Desperado

snarl,the thought of 2 lfe inputs still raised my eyebrows.i searched on your sub,and the little info i came up with leads me to believe that your sub has l&r inputs(and high passed outs) not 2 lfe inputs.

#71334 - 09/14/05 08:01 PM Re: Running 2 powered subwoofers
Snarl Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by painttoad:
snarl,the thought of 2 lfe inputs still raised my eyebrows.i searched on your sub,and the little info i came up with leads me to believe that your sub has l&r inputs(and high passed outs) not 2 lfe inputs.
I beleive you are correct, at least to a degree. My sub has 2 Low Level Inputs, both can serve as a Single LFE Input (tested) however the LH is the indicated primary. And according to the manual you can also use a Y Cable to send input to each for the 6dB Signal Gain. Then below that it also has 2 High Pass Outputs

Another Guy From Canada
Outlaw 990 Preamp/Processor
Outlaw 755 Amplifier
2 x Paradigm Monitor 11's Mains
2 x Paradigm Monitor 7's Surrounds
1 x Paradigm CC-370 Center
1 x Paradigm PW-2100 Sub

#71335 - 09/14/05 08:21 PM Re: Running 2 powered subwoofers
painttoad Offline
Desperado

ok.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
0 registered (), 187 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts