Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#71182 - 04/13/06 07:55 PM Re: Harmony remotes and 1070
Don Bruechert Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Manitowoc, WI
Mine is working quite well now, and all I needed to do was program the video4 and DVD buttons and twiddle one or two other things.

There are still a couple of things I'm living with - it would not work reliably when sent through the IR input jack on the back of the 1070 so I ended up just gluing an IR bug onto the front panel and that's all better now. Sometimes my CD player turns on for no reason - I suspect it's when the remote is shutting everything off. Changing the state once should solve that problem, but it recurs.

Otherwise, still waiting for the "official" release, and I suspect when it comes we will have to "re add" the receiver to the profile so we can get a clean shot at the programming.

Those of you who want to know how to learn a button, just choose "troubleshooting" for the receiver in your profile and then pick "The remote goes to the wrong input" and it will guide you through the process. Just tell it you know which button to press on the original remote (and have the remote!).

#71183 - 04/13/06 08:40 PM Re: Harmony remotes and 1070
Dave Gross Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Seattle
thanks...I'll see if I can set up the Video 4 thing.

what other things did you 'twidle' with?? I'm not using IR, so I'm safe there.

#71184 - 04/14/06 09:27 AM Re: Harmony remotes and 1070
Dave Gross Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Seattle
I managed to get 95% of it working last night. Still doesn't seem to want to talk to the NEC Power on/off yet..but the 1070 responds nicely.

Took a bit to figure out how to add the DVD/4 thing (suffice it to say that Logictech's MACINTOSH software isn't QUITE up to par...)

but..it worked. Of course..I have to leave my $#))#**$$ reading glasses on the table next to the remote now...DAMN that's some small little buttons to read. Damn thing need to be 25% larger all the way around.

smile

#71185 - 04/16/06 12:09 AM Re: Harmony remotes and 1070
Don Bruechert Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Manitowoc, WI
Quote:
what other things did you 'twidle' with?? I'm not using IR, so I'm safe there.
I had to change the number of repeats lower because when I was hitting the volume button I was going 2 or 3 db at a crack, and I messed with a few of the other timing settings I don't recall.

I was trying to also speed things up by telling it I did not want to send the "pwr toggle" command as part of the activity, but couldn't figure that out. There is like a 5 second delay when powering up because you have to wait for it to send the "pwrtoggle" command, then the timeout, then select an input - which is what powers up the receiver.

Otherwise I have it working great.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Who's Online
0 registered (), 209 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts