Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#70323 - 09/15/05 02:58 PM Re: 7125 shutting down
Grizzly Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Elmira, New York
What are you listening to? when this happens. What equipment, cd player? tuner?

Sounds u have distortion, being fed thru.....

That is why lowering the bass to 0 and checking the cross over fixed at the listen lvl you set the volume.....

This happened with my car stereo, i would either lowered the gain on the amp, or lowered the bass increase at the headunit..... lol it happen mostly listen to hard hitting bass from a Primus CD. not real much on rap/hip hop boomy bass.

It would be nice if they add a clipping light to each channel. Then you could see when the amp start clipping and adjust either the volume or the gain

#70324 - 04/09/06 04:34 PM Re: 7125 shutting down
grateful1031 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Wonder Lake, IL
My 7125 (B-stock)is continously shutting down the right channel when I play music on stereo mode. I'm not pushing the unit too hard, imo, as this is happening at -11dB. It happens after about 10-15 minutes of listening. I was able to recreate the problem playing music thru the DVD player to rule out a problem with the cd player. I reversed R and L channels on the cable going from the preamp to the power amp and the problem continued to exsist in only the right channel. There is proper ventilation and the unit is not very hot at all. Can anybody think of any other issues I should check to determine if the problem is the 7125 or not? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

#70325 - 04/09/06 04:55 PM Re: 7125 shutting down
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
From what you've said, it certainly sounds like a problem either in the amp or in the wiring between the amp and the speaker (an intermittent short could probably cause what you're seeing - such as a stray strand of speaker wire just barely touching the opposite binding post). If you haven't done so already, I'd suggest checking your speaker cable at both ends. Barring an obvious problem there, I'd suggest calling Outlaw tomorrow or submitting a support request .

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Who's Online
0 registered (), 140 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts