Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#70119 - 07/07/07 02:37 AM LFM-2 Total Satisfaction
James Hooper Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

I recently purchased an LFM-2, and felt compelled to write about my experience. I was looking to upgrade from a ten inch VRP series Velodyne, that I had paid $249 retail for at Circuit City. I called and got advice from a number of internet dealers, including SVS, HSU, and Outlaw audio. SVS and HSU both recommended subs larger than the LFM-2. My home theater room is 13'X14' with an eight foot ceiling. When I called Outlaw and gave them the same information, they recommended the LFM-2. The gentleman on the phone explained to me that for the size of room I was placing it in, it would be plenty. He also told me that with my small sattellites, too big a sub would not be a proper blend of sound. I was very skeptical, because I already had a ten inch sub that I wasn't happy with. How was a eight inch sub that only costs $60 more going to be much better? Well I took the Outlaw's advice and ordered the "little eight incher". Let me tell you I was shocked. This sub rocks. I have the gain on the sub at 1/2, and all the modes on the receiver at even 0. Bass I can feel as much as hear, just like at the movies. And music is awesome too. I only have one question though. How could such honest people want to be referred to as Outlaws?

#70120 - 07/07/07 11:24 AM Re: LFM-2 Total Satisfaction
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
smile - glad to hear that it's working so well for you, James. Welcome to the Saloon!

#70121 - 07/07/07 05:08 PM Re: LFM-2 Total Satisfaction
tmdlp Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Big D, Tx
James Hooper,
Outlaw: in your case and in many other means doing something different than the norm - say bucking the trend.

Have fun w/ the new toy and glad to have another gunslinger......

Who's Online
0 registered (), 151 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Helson 1
patm1198 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts