Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#70112 - 05/21/07 03:54 PM Initial Impressions: LFM-2
auto_pilot Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Nor Cal
Well...I finally got my system put together. My sig pretty much has my complete setup...But I needed to have my installer run my lines. My front/center/middle are bookshelf type KEF's but my rears are in-ceiling speakers.

I am running my SUB throught the LF line w/the sub in bypass mode as my A/R is managing the bass.
The first movie we popped in was King Kong. I chose the stampede scene, and continued to the King Kong versus the two Gozilla creatures. The bass was tight, and pronounced. It blended nicely with my surrounds, and gave a real presence to the movie watching experience. We had to turn it down a tad as it was shaking the walls and the house...But it wasn't even turned up all the way.

I just have to say, I'm very pleased with how this little sub works. My installer was selling me he Velodyne DLS-3500R for $499. However, I decided that for the money I had to try the Outlaw product first. My installer was impressed with the build quality and bass quality from the LFM-2. I'm glad I went with the Outlaw for a few reasons:

1. Price versus sound quality.
2. Downward versus front firing. I can just imagine my son poking holes through the sub.
3. Placement of downward firing seems to be easier, as frontward firing are better corner loaded (correct me if I'm wrong).

However, I need a quality DVD/CD player now...For movies it does a good job, but for music I think it's only okay.
KEF Q1,Q9c,Ci130
Outlaw LFM2

#70113 - 07/19/07 04:16 AM Re: Initial Impressions: LFM-2
billmuzak Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

i use a denon 2200 ,a universal player,dvd's ,sacd, dvd audio.....in my 7.1 system good player, on my 2 channel system, i have a music hall cd player ,also good player

Who's Online
0 registered (), 110 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
patm1198 1
Helson 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts