Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#7011 - 12/13/02 03:22 AM Anyone else using Def Techs??
SpOoNmAn Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Independence, Ohio, USA!!
Ive had Definitive Technology speaks for a couple years, BP30's for mains, CLR2000 for center, and BPX's for surrounds. And the new SuperCube 1 subwoofer which is just way to powerful for my theatre.

My Elite receiver runs them fine, but seeing as Im getting the 770/950 combo shortly, I was wondering if any other Outlaws used Def Techs. Im sure this combo will make these speakers sound even better, if thats possible.

Bipolar sound has spoiled me rotten, theres no turning back. 200 watts per channel will open them up even more, a LOT more then the Receivers 100 watts per channel. I need more dynamic headroom for these babies....and Outlaw is so affordable,how can anyone pass these up?

------------------
Play it LoUd!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/spoonmandts

#7012 - 12/13/02 06:54 PM Re: Anyone else using Def Techs??
Smart Little Lena Offline
Desperado

Loc: Dallas
Forgive me I’m going to cut and paste part of what I posted at another forum a couple of days ago. I’m tired and have been at court all day.
(Soundhound I need an Outlaw margarita!)

“That is the speaker setup (Pro-C 100 with upgrade on center and sub) I was running when I first received my 950/770. I was very impressed with the 950 running them. I was even more impressed when I upgraded to Vienna Acoustics, Beethoven’s and Maestro center, that the Outlaw setup pushed this more demanding line better than the top of the line Pioneer Elite receiver and the B&K separates that they were run with at 2 demos I heard.

I’m really still running Def Tech’s (3 at the moment on the surrounds) I want to upgrade to Vienna’s all around eventually but not now.

I really really was impressed with the Outlaw combo running the Vienna’s, ( I’m not sure about your model Defs but my mains pull 4ohms. Which tells me you’ll should have lots of headroom on your larger (than mine) def techs.

I noticed you mentioned this is your first foray into separates. The 950 was mine too. Honestly I did not ‘like’ it the first 2 weeks, I had to do a lot of tweaking. But realize, I prob messed with settings (I should not have) the first 2 days, before figuring out ‘what’ I was doing. If you don’t have one I cannot recommend strongly enough picking up the Radio Shack or equivalent SPL meter.

Have Fun! Welcome to the family!

#7013 - 12/13/02 11:03 PM Re: Anyone else using Def Techs??
SpOoNmAn Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Independence, Ohio, USA!!
I do indeed have a sound meter and have used it b4

All my deftechs impedance ratings are different, it depends on what you read and where you look. Some sources say "Compatible with 8 Ohms" Others say "4 to 8 Ohms" All speakers impedance fluctuates at times, but knowing I'll be getting at a minimum, 200 watts per channel, will kick some serious ass.

Thanks for replying Little Lena, and thanks for the friendly Welcome!!

------------------
Play it LoUd!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/spoonmandts

#7014 - 12/24/02 11:04 AM Re: Anyone else using Def Techs??
Philip Hamm Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Northern Virginia, USA
I am running a DefTech ProSub 100 as my subwoofer. Does that count? All my other speakers are B&W.

------------------
Philip Hamm

Who's Online
0 registered (), 91 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts