Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#70107 - 03/05/07 04:26 PM LFM-2 inputs
Rodeo Rider Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: New York
Hello everyone, I have what might be a dumb question for this board. I have just purchased an LFM-2 which I am using with my Stereo set-up. The last time I was active in this hobby I was building Lafayette and Dynaco electronics. I have an older Luxman integrated amp with pre-outs but no LFE output. I currently am running the sub from the amp speaker outputs to the speaker inputs on the sub and then from the sub outputs to the main speakers. This is working just fine.... now the rub.

We, have rearranged the furniture and I need try and do away with some wires throughout the den, My wife has asked that I either move the sub (not an option) or do something else. Can I run cables from the amp pre L+R outputs to a y connector and then into the LFE input (only one on the LFM-2)?

I am slowly clawing my way back into the world of quality music reproduction and the LFM-2 is the first step in over 20 years. Thanks for your help.

#70108 - 05/19/07 04:13 PM Re: LFM-2 inputs
sibelman Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Rodeo Rider:

The Y-connector might convert your entire system into mono, if the pre-out is not isolated from the Luxman's internal link between pre-amp and power amp.

(I hadn't remembered that Lafayette did kits!)

#70109 - 05/19/07 04:24 PM Re: LFM-2 inputs
Rodeo Rider Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: New York
Sibelman:

Thanks for your response. You were correct to point out the isolation issue, in fact the pre-amp and power amp sections of the Luxman are not set up properly for this and I would be summing both channels to mono. I will need to "update" my power and pre-amp setup. At this stage I am actually looking into the Outlaw receiver as a solution to my "too much stuff in too little space" issue.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 79 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM