Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#7007 - 12/03/02 04:58 PM M&K K- Series
Jason J Offline
Desperado

Loc: Northern Garden State
By the end of this week, I will finally have a complete 5.1 system together. I added the center channel this morning, put on Monsters Inc. as a demo, and just barely made it to work ontime!!

Here it is:
Receiver: Outlaw 1050
DVD player: Sony DVP-NS500V
Monitor: Apple 17" CRT studio monitor running S-video through a Viewsonic converter box
Main & Center speakers: M&K K-5s
Surrounds: Refurbished Infinity RS-11s (these are bookshelf speakers, hand-me-downs!)
Subwoofer: Braun LW-1 (BIG!!) (another gift)
Subwoofer amp: Parts Express 150watt sub amp
Cables: Radio Shack Gold Series all around

For my little room (12' by 10' pentagonal shaped bedroom in a 3 bedroom apt in NYC), this system rocks the place. I love the sound of the K-5s and think they are a great value for the money ($125 a piece). They sound great on music and amazing on movies. They also blend very nicely with my subwoofer as proven by the test tone sweep on the THX optimizer.
If you're curious about the subwoofer, it has twin 10" woofers in a box that's about 3' long by 3' wide by 2' high. I got as a present for helping sombody else add new speakers into their system. It's truly overkill for my system but at the same time is a very musical sounding box.
Finally, I would like to add that I'm continually amazed at the sound of the 1050. It truly is in another league compared to similiarly priced receivers.

#7008 - 12/03/02 08:17 PM Re: M&K K- Series
Smart Little Lena Offline
Desperado

Loc: Dallas
By the end of this week, I will finally have a complete 5.1 system together. I added the center channel this morning, put on Monsters Inc. as a demo, and just barely made it to work ontime!!

Do I know that feeling...each time I added a new piece since I home office, it was easy just to play with it for a few min...30...1 hr...whoops ...boy did the day go by.

#7009 - 12/04/02 11:20 AM Re: M&K K- Series
lombardicraig Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: San Diego, CA
I know that feeling right now. I ordered some QS4's from Axiom Audio and got them in 2 days (amazing ship time). I cannot say enough about Axiom (www.axiomaudio.com). The rear surrounds are amazing to say the least and it did not kill my bank account to get them. They have a factory seconds program on their web that states that they may be scratched or dinged but I inspected mine and could not find a thing wrong with them. If you are looking at upgrading in the future, check them out....great value and free shiping.
On the other hand I won a Center Channel on Ebay and have not seen or heard anything for over 4 days. I feel like a kid that just bought a new toy and cannot play with it.

Set up:
BOHLENDER GRAEBENER RADIA X1 CENTER CHANNEL
QS4's for rear surround
Paradigm 9SE for fronts
Sub KSW 100 (next on the list to change)
Hitachi 63" Projection TV

#7010 - 12/05/02 04:15 PM Re: M&K K- Series
Jason J Offline
Desperado

Loc: Northern Garden State
A little update: Installed the surround speakers last night and I'm in heaven!! Well, maybe I'm just surrounded now!

Best demos: Special EFX 5.1 only tracks on "A Bug's Life" CE and "Monster's Inc". These tracks are absolutely amazing for their creativity and use of all speakers. Let me put it this way...I'm a Star Wars fan and I thought these tracks brought out the best in my system better than Ep. I or II!!

Now just for those upgrades...

Who's Online
0 registered (), 118 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
patm1198 1
Helson 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts