Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#6997 - 11/11/02 08:08 AM Opinions of PSB 6T's?
Jaxx Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Canada
I replaced my Paradigm Phantom speakers with PSB 6T towers. The thing I immediately noticed was the more precise imaging of the 6T's, and the deeper bass. Do any other 1050 users have 6T's? What are your thoughts? Have you ever tried bi-wiring and did it make any difference to the sound? Is that even recommended?

#6998 - 11/12/02 01:21 AM Re: Opinions of PSB 6T's?
HTLearner Offline
Gunslinger

Hello Jaxx.

I also recently upgraded to PSB 6T's for the front and 3LR's for the rears. I like the sound-- I think it is cleaner throughout the range than my old speakers (PSB Centuries).

I did have the fronts bi-wired and they sound great-- but I didn't do a head-to-head against standard wiring to see if I could hear the difference.

Unfortunately my 3 yr old PSB SubSonic subwoofer just died-- no more amp no workee. Bummer. I don't have the funds to buy a new subwoofer, and it is out of warranty. Not a great situation...

-HTLearner

#6999 - 11/15/02 11:23 PM Re: Opinions of PSB 6T's?
Jaxx Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

That is a bummer. Do you find that without a sub woofer the 6T's are muddy or otherwise can't handle the amount of bass you are used to hearing? I'm still surprised how low the 6T's go (I don't have a sub).

#7000 - 11/23/02 01:31 AM Re: Opinions of PSB 6T's?
HTLearner Offline
Gunslinger

Jaxx,

I've listened to alot of music on the 6T's without the subwoofer now, as well as to Star Wars Episode II. I was impressed at how good the 6T's sound without a subwoofer. Bass is tight and surprisingly low-reaching-- the LFE effects in Episode II were pretty good through the 6T's. It still sounded better with the subwoofer, but I doubt it reaches a whole lot lower than the 6T's. My subwoofer was a PSB Century Subsonic 2i which doesn't reach particularly low.

The good news is, PSB is going to fix my subwoofer for free! Wow! Even though it is two years out of warranty. I am very impressed. Still waiting for replacement amp and power supply unit-- but they have no responsibility to fix it for free and still they are doing it. Very impressive indeed.

#7001 - 11/23/02 10:05 PM Re: Opinions of PSB 6T's?
Jaxx Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

That is impressive! I'm surprised there isn't more "noise" about PSB in this group given the quality dollar for dollar. There seems to be a lot of Paradigm fans (I loved my Phantoms prior to the Image 6T's). They are both Canadian speaker manufacturers but in my mind, the edge goes to PSB for tighter imaging. Both PSB and Paradigm have nice flat response and clean midrange though.
PSB appears to have excellent customer service based on your experience.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 117 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
patm1198 1
Helson 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts