I had a weird experience with my 990 on Saturday and was wondering if anyone else ran into a similar problem before. Thankfully, the problem has been resolved. I had the 990 on for most of the day and I had been using either my CD player of the Sirius radio. No problems whatsoever. It was probably on for 8 or so hours. After my in law's left after dinner, I sat down and turned on the T.V. Everything was fine, I was flipping between channels and the DVR and then all of a sudden no sound. No sound at all, not from any speaker. I turned everything off, and back on. No sound, I made sure I didn't accidentily mute the cable box, no sound. I turned on the CD player no sound, I turned on the Sirius radio no sound. The CD player was working, the Sirius was sorking, the cable box was working, the DVD player was working. I was stumped, no sound from any device, although the video went through the 990 just fine. I didn't know what else to do, so I did a total system reset. Worked like a charm, I had sound again. I had to reset all the parameters of course, the inputs, speaker size, cross-overs, etc., but that didn't take too long. Everything wortked, all the various devices played just fine. So my question is has this happened to anyone else? Is there a bug in the firmware ( I have the latest version), is this indicative of a larger problem? I would like to hear about anybody else's experience with a similar problem. I'm assuming that the 990 just like any device with a chip in it can at times "hang" (just like this computer I'm typin on), and a master reset is the only option.