Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#68743 - 09/21/08 08:15 PM Re: 2nd small display ???
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Quote:
Originally posted by sluggo48313:
okay...last post...here's the deal. With component (and I assume DVI) the 990 will only output the picture (not the menu) to component (same as input). With composite or S-video it will send it to both.
With composite and s-video, the 990 will output the menu on top of the video signal, both the setup menu and assorted "pop-up" messages (volume setting, etc.).

With component, the 990 will output the setup menu only, and it will replace the video signal with a black screen at 480i as a backdrop for the menu.

With DVI, the 990 does "pure" switching - no video signal manipulation at all, including menu generation.
Quote:
Originally posted by sluggo48313:
What I did was setup "music" with the Oppo's coax audio and the s-video video to view on the LCD...I also created "LCD" on video 3 to view the DVR over the LCD.

So it is impossible to view both the projector and the LCD at once when one uses component or DVI, but at least this way I can use the LCD.

Thanks again Gonk...
Glad to hear that you got it working...

#68744 - 09/22/08 03:42 PM Re: 2nd small display ???
sluggo48313 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Sterling Heights MI
You are looking to the HD Fury to let you use the HDMI out of your DVR and thus free up the component out for the secondary display, because the display lacks DVI or HDMI, correct? Here are my big concerns, one comping from my experience with HD cable boxes (not HD satellite boxes) and the other from a video switching quandary.

No, what I was originally thinking was using the component output of the 990 for the LCD. I now know this won't work.

but it appears that if you have it operating in "Single Mode" the "TV2" outputs will always be active and will get the same signal as the HD "TV1" output (with HD stations scaled down to 480i)

I actually have it operating in dual mode. The SD TV upstairs is also run from this same box. So, that wouldn't work either.
Oppo 980 + Panasonic Blu Ray
2 Adcom 5400s + Adcom 6000
B&W P4 Front
JBL studio s center
MTX surrounds
"Tuba 18" sub

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
0 registered (), 73 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts