Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#6868 - 10/26/02 10:57 PM Re: EFE technology speakers???
fly guy Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Big Island, HI
Does anybody have a web addy on this stuff??

#6869 - 10/27/02 08:31 PM Re: EFE technology speakers???
stabie Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Austin, TX US
EFE doesn't have a web site. It is just one guy, Ed Frias. If you email EFESPKRS@aol.com, he can send you some info & pictures. He has about 5 models. The pctures he sent to me look like really nice craftsmanship & I've heard good reviews. I'll definitely follow up with a review once I have them.

#6870 - 10/28/02 12:35 PM Re: EFE technology speakers???
Oil Can Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Shelbyville, KY, USA
I spoke with Ed last week. He was very willing to talk about his speakers, and other HT and audio subjects. He seems to be good people. He e-mailed some information on his products along with some extra pictures. They look very nice, and if they live up to the reviews I've read they are an outstanding value. One of the things that impressed me was his willingness to suggest his lessor priced speakers to try and save me some dollars. Check out Ed, and his products!

[This message has been edited by Oil Can (edited October 30, 2002).]

#6871 - 11/06/02 04:49 PM Re: EFE technology speakers???
stabie Offline
Gunslinger

Well, the T-22's arrived today. So far so good. The cabinet is perfect. The fit & finish matches the quality of my velodyne HGS cabinet. I don't know how he does it. If anything, the T-22's have s lightly better look at the edges than the velodyne. Minimal testing at this point. As I mentioned, I have a HTM2 B&W center, which I have temporarly switched back and forth with a T-22. First I did a sensitivity check. With an SPL meter, the T-22 appears to be about 2db less than the HTM2. I thought they were the same (90db) but you can't argue with meters. Next, I tried a couple of scenes from Moulin Rouge & Evita. I had always noticed the B&W had a boxy sound with male voices in rare cases. The T-22 removed that. The T-22 is not ported, so it could be the port in the HTM is adding some resonance. Anyway, more later. I'll do some comparisons with the HTM, and also with the old polk's the T-22's are really replacing. I may have an HTM for sale if I decide to dump it in favor of another T-22 for the center.

#6872 - 11/23/02 08:22 PM Re: EFE technology speakers???
stabie Offline
Gunslinger

Well, I finally got around to testing out the EFE's under semi-controlled conditions. I still like em, but I must say, the testing showed the HTM is a winner too. See my web site http://www.stabie-soft.com/speakers.html for the gory details. Basically the EFE's have a better bottom, and the HTM's a smoother mid/tweeter xover region. The HTM has better dispersion, although I forgot to put that on the web report...

#6873 - 12/17/02 02:24 PM Re: EFE technology speakers???
stabie Offline
Gunslinger

After Ed saw my dip in the mid, he sent me an updated choke for the crossover. Haven't even installed the choke in the second speaker yet, but I wanted to rerun the FFT response curve. The fix definitely pulled the dip up, so now Ed's speaker looks as flat as the B&W. I'll post again after I get the second inductor installed and have some done listening. I must say, Ed redefines the meaning of customer support. I wish larger companies were this pro-active. Take a look at the updated report at http://www.stabie-soft.com/speakers.html.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
0 registered (), 130 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts