Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#68665 - 09/10/08 09:48 PM Re: This is the way to do it!
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
I agree with Jeff that the BDP-83's announcement is certain to impact sales of their DV-983H (which, at $400, is not a player for the faint-of-heart to begin with, although it has sold remarkably well in spite of the relatively high price tag) since the BDP-83 is going to use the same video processing solution and add Blu-ray for probably a couple hundred dollars more. I doubt that sales of the DV-980H will see much effect from this announcement.

#68666 - 09/11/08 04:21 PM Re: This is the way to do it!
mzpro5 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: The Northcoast
I with Jeff also. I don't think Oppo will lose much if any business by giving out info on the BD player in progress. Chances are those asking about an Oppo BD already have a good upscaling DVD player - probably an Oppo. I was also looking at a Sony (550) but am willing to see what Oppo will have in the winter. Besides if someone needs a good DVD player in the meantime the 980 for $170 is a great deal.

I think the same thought process should be used by Outlaw. Like Jeff many of us love our Outlaw product(s) and want to stay with them because we know we will be getting a good product in a future unit. We are willing to be patient and wait if we know what it is that may be in the works. We know the next gen pre/pro will be coming and are curious. I don't expect a firm date just would like some more info.
Behringer A500
Samsung PN58A650, DirecTV HR-20 700
Sony CDP-545, Phillips CDR 765
Oppo BDP-93, Panasonic DMR E515
Technics SL-DL5
Squeezebox 3
Remote Harmony One

#68667 - 09/11/08 06:03 PM Re: This is the way to do it!
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Oh, I think OPPO will see a slow-down on 983H sales as a result of this announcement. I'd be stunned if they didn't. The flip-side is that they are likely to cause a number of existing customers or potential customers to reconsider purchases of Sony S550's, Panasonic BD55's, or one of the new Pioneers until the BDP-83 arrives.

Having said that, I do think it would be fun to see a bit of a teaser on whatever Outlaw has cooking. We'll have to see what shakes loose. Think about this, though: if the BDP-83 or this thread were to give someone at Outlaw the idea of doing something similar for us, they may still need some time (maybe even a few weeks) to work out a way to gracefully announce something, especially if it were to include some decent quality pictures. Doing something "on a whim" can be messy.

#68668 - 09/11/08 06:43 PM Re: This is the way to do it!
mzpro5 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: The Northcoast
Quote:
Originally posted by gonk:

Think about this, though: if the BDP-83 or this thread were to give someone at Outlaw the idea of doing something similar for us, they may still need some time (maybe even a few weeks) to work out a way to gracefully announce something, especially if it were to include some decent quality pictures. Doing something "on a whim" can be messy.
As usual excellent point gonk.
Behringer A500
Samsung PN58A650, DirecTV HR-20 700
Sony CDP-545, Phillips CDR 765
Oppo BDP-93, Panasonic DMR E515
Technics SL-DL5
Squeezebox 3
Remote Harmony One

#68669 - 09/11/08 11:33 PM Re: This is the way to do it!
rubbersoul Offline
Desperado

Loc: folsom, pa.
Hello Jeff Mackwood,
I agreed with your statement " There are units on the market now that offer all that I am looking for - and not for a price terribly greater than what we might expect from Outlaw for its next gen. But I'm a strange duck in these times: a loyal customer. I'd prefer to buy Outlaw".
I want to pull the trigger on the Integra 9.8 or 9.9 processor but I like loyalty it tells a lot about people.
Knowing that Outlaw is coming out with a new Flagship 990 I think that after all of this time we should have a small eye opener as to what OUtlaw is coming out with and some idea as to its release.
The Integra is a fine piece of equipment for the price and in my area no taxes or shipping charges.
Regardless of a $1200.00 price tag that Outlaw was rumored to fix on the new 990 to previous owners adding the shipping charges and taxes will bring the unit to the same priceline as the Intergra 9.8 and I do not have to wait for it to be delivered.
Just anxious but I wish PT or Scott would cough up some information.
Christmas is right around the corner and I would not mine Santa coming to my house a little early.

I am going to the CES show this January and want to compare or see if there is something better on the horizon.
I hate to repeat myself but I am trying to be patient and I wonder if Outlaw is planting deaf ears on it's customers enthusiasm.
B&W 803D2’s HTM3S DS7's
HSU Subwoofer
Mitsubishi 6800 Projector
Da-Lite Screen,
Oppo BDP93
Comcast
PS Audio DSD
Stack Variac
Kill-O-Watt
Nakamichi cables Audio 8 cables
Air-Server
Mac-Mini
ROON

#68670 - 09/11/08 11:49 PM Re: This is the way to do it!
tres0r Offline
Gunslinger

I have been saying the same thing as well. Im not asking for a pre-order, release date, final price or to be a beta tester.

A little info goes a long way sometimes. And as mentioned, we didnt abandon ship. I/We are trying to be loyal, but it has been hard as of late.

#68671 - 09/14/08 09:27 PM Re: This is the way to do it!
MeanGene Offline
Desperado

Loc: Simi Valley, CA, USA
Maybe the Outlaws could sneek us a spy photo of the next pre/pro with vinyl covering certain areas, like what is done with cars.

MeanGene\'s DVD\'s

#68672 - 09/17/08 04:08 AM Re: This is the way to do it!
freeryder_11 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Calgary Alberta Canada
I am in the same boat... I'm looking to upgrade my Denon (1805), which has run flawless for the past 2.5 years. Having never listened to a single Outlaw product I am waiting to see what they release and see if they can't earn my business in the process.

Here's the downside: I've auditioned both the new integra and the older Denon (3208?) and I am pleased with them both. They are both big upgrades to what I have now. My problem is that I've just upgraded to Blu Ray and a 1080P projector (panny). Now I have the video, but not the audio to back it up.

I am ready to purchase this month. I would wait if there's something worth waiting for but after the end of September hits I cannot wait on hopes that an online product that I've never heard will outperform the big boys. I am just not that patient.

The sad part is that if I do go with an integrated amp, I won't buy a slave amp. If I went with Outlaw (or waited for it to come out), they would get 2 purchases from me (probably a 7 x 200 watt amp). That being said, they might lose sales on the current pre that they have (which is already heavily reduced in price and therefore overall margin), but they would gain a full retail sale on 2 units in return.

Please dangle that worm in front of me and increase both my patience and desire for your product.

#68673 - 09/17/08 05:15 PM Re: This is the way to do it!
getech Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Oakland, CA
Darn, I just couldn't wait any longer. I just bought a new Integra 9.8 and couldn't be happier. A huge improvement over my beloved 990.

Why wait, it looks like the Integra has a huge winner AND it's available now!

Cheers!

Greg

#68674 - 09/17/08 05:50 PM Re: This is the way to do it!
ndskurfer Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Bismarck, ND
I really want to wait too. I just got set up in my new home and hooked up my old receiver last night. The reciever does not have pre-outs and I have an Outlaw 7500 sitting in the closet at the moment. I'll try this out for a short time, but I am going to have to do something in the near future. The receiver works - but I'm not using my center channel as it appears to be sucking all the power from the receiver. going 2 channel till the upgrade happens (soon, very soon).

If I don't hear anything on the new Outlaw, I think I will have to either check out an old 990 (I would probably buy used as there appear to be many out there), or a new Integra.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 141 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts