Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#6858 - 03/29/02 06:26 PM EFE technology speakers???
HookItUp Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: stockton
I've been reading alot about ED Frias's speakers but since i can't demo them due to the fact that you have to either diy or buy them directly from him i'm alittle hesitant
to fork out $$$$ on speakers i've never
heard. Every review i've read has been 5 star
and i've never heard a bad comment about his speakers. If they live up to the reviews they
seem to be one of the best speakers for the value that i've found. I'm looking at getting
the c-2 center, t-22 mains and ed's pre-built
DIY cabinets for the rears. You can choose either a 4 or 5 ohm resistor.What is the major difference between the two??Is there a noticeable difference in sound?? If anyone owns or knows someone who owns or has knowledge of the above speakers please post.

#6859 - 03/29/02 06:31 PM Re: EFE technology speakers???
HookItUp Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: stockton
Why does my post look like i've been up drinking all night. When i post it's arranging sentence structure??

#6860 - 03/29/02 08:46 PM Re: EFE technology speakers???
stott Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: San Jose, CA
I can't help you on the speakers. I have never heard anything but great things about the Ed Frias speakers though. If you have any good links post them. I have been looking for some (good links) for a while. As far as your drunken post don't hit enter while you are typing. Let the board do that for you.

------------------
Stott

#6861 - 03/29/02 09:14 PM Re: EFE technology speakers???
BobL Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Agawam, Ma, 01001
Hi Hookitup,

I have an electronics engineering background and I just received the parts for 6 of Ed's DIY speakers. His designs are extremely solid. I am sure you would be happy with any of his speakers. I won't build mine for about a month until I get my home remodeling done first. He is very enthusiastic and willing to help you in any way. I have spoken to him several times on the phone discussing speaker design. Don't hesitate on Ed's speakers.
The 5 ohm resistor will make the speakers more warm and the 4 ohm will make them brighter. I would base your decision on where you plan to place your speakers and room acoustics. I ordered the 5 ohm as I have harwood floors and other reflections I am trying to tame that makes my room more bright.
I hope this helps. If you want more info on things like crossover designs, driver seletion, etc. let me know.

Bob

#6862 - 10/15/02 05:29 PM Re: EFE technology speakers???
stabie Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Austin, TX US
I am investigating the EFE speakers at the moment. I am considering a pair of T-22's to replace my L/R. If they sound good, I was considering upgrading the fronts to T-36's and moving the T-22's to the rear. If anybody who previously posted has updates on EFE's speakers I would appreciate it. Hate to pop for a k buck without a little more info.
Thanks, Mike

#6863 - 10/16/02 09:58 PM Re: EFE technology speakers???
MCH Offline
Gunslinger

I built some Ed's diy speakers complimented with a Tempest diy sub and can only say they sound fabulous with my outlaw 1050. My brother has some Paradigm Reference 80s with a Marantz 7200 amp. He says my speakers kill his. In fact he is getting me to build him a complete set of 6 diys. He also has become a believer in a good sub (building a Tempest for him also). He couldn't believe how much he was missing in his classical cds.
For the money I would go with Ed's diys and a good subwoofer. I'm a firm believer in having a seperate subwoofer rather than trying to have an all in one speaker design.
Take a look if you like:
http://www.picturetrail.com/mch1/1159742

#6864 - 10/22/02 04:34 PM Re: EFE technology speakers???
stabie Offline
Gunslinger

I ordered the T-22's so I'll post a review when I get them. I have a HTM center B&W, so one comparison I'll make is using a T-22 as a center instead of the B&W. I figure comparing it to B&W should be a pretty good test.

#6865 - 10/22/02 05:13 PM Re: EFE technology speakers???
DMC Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Mullica Hill, NJ
HTM1 or 2?

#6866 - 10/22/02 05:28 PM Re: EFE technology speakers???
steves Offline
Desperado

Loc: Oregon
MCH: Great looking setup! I like it--nice job!

#6867 - 10/22/02 09:26 PM Re: EFE technology speakers???
stabie Offline
Gunslinger

I have the HTM2, the smaller B&W. I've liked it, but I think even with a sub, a little more low end would have been nice. I think the HTM1 may have been a better choice, but too late now. I bought it on ebay. I think the current delay on the EFE's is around 4 weeks, so I guess I'll have to be patient.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 116 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts