Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#68211 - 06/16/08 03:56 PM Re: The Good, Bad & Ugly .. My Outlaw Audio Experience
nomoneybutgoodsound Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Mission,BC
All of my experiences with Outlaw (and ATI for that matter) have been positive, customer service was good. However, if I had spent my money and recieved a broken product and did not get satisfaction, I too probably would have posted something and used "colorful" langauge - whether right or wrong. ID companies have to take the bad with the good. The danger ID companies face is the power of the internet. We all have searched on the internet for our "toys", that is half the fun. We look for bad and good opinions. When I read this forum I see others who are also part of AV123's, Axioms and AVR's forum Why? Probably because we go there to seek opinions from users of the equipment rather than the general overview of a magazine. There are many loyal customers to ID companies not just because of product and value but also because of the customer service. It is inevitable that a lemon will go out to a customer, but with the power of the internet, it has to be corrected almost immediately. Was this one? Or did Outlawnut sense he was getting ripped off? The response from the Boss seems a little threatening rather than empathic but that's only my opinion. Over the last few weeks this is the second customer complaint (not necessarily at Outlaw as I was referring to the HSU problem as well). Why was n't the problem taken care of before it hit the internet? Probably because two parties could not work the issue out over the phone. Customers have to be patient when dealing with ID companies and ID companies have to work quickly to resolve problems. Otherwise, we'll have to go back to shopping in the stores! (Just kidding).

#68212 - 06/16/08 04:18 PM Re: The Good, Bad & Ugly .. My Outlaw Audio Experience
KOYAAN Offline
Desperado

Loc: Sanford NC
If Outlaw built the 990 here,I'm sure I could have never afforded one. I'm amazed that they are able to build speakers in the Stated and stat so competitive.
Pioneer Elite DV-47A
Magnavox HDMR513h DVR/DVD-R
Sony DVD megachangers-2
Sony CD megachangers-2
Monster power centers-2
Sony 48" rear projection SDTV
Roku video player
JVC AL-A158 Turntable
Polk RT-2000s,CS-650,XS-650s,RT80s
LFM-1EX
Hsu VTF-1
12" Velodyne

Family room:
OPPO 970
Sony 32" direct view HDTV
Denon 3801
Rolk RMs

#68213 - 06/16/08 04:33 PM Re: The Good, Bad & Ugly .. My Outlaw Audio Experience
Retep Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Tauranga, New Zealand
Quote:
Originally posted by NRBQLou:
Gotta say, it was never my impression that kids were on this forum (except for us grownup-type kids) and I didn't find Outlawnut's language especially offensive. If I had been "lectured" about my "tone" by a businessperson with whom I was in the middle of rectifying a botched, expensive purchase I might have been a bit, uh, peeved myself.
I find his Jesus comment offensive, but the rest I don't because they're acronyms.

Personally I refrain from blasting a company when receiving a defective product on a public forum until I have exhausted all avenues of service and support. As an example, I ordered a Black Mac Book as a secondary computer, it was A stock. The unit worked fine but had a loud fan. I asked on MacRumors forum if this was normal in a rather normal tone. The answer was a resounding no.

I didn't buy directly from Apple and therefore I had a bit tougher time getting it fixed. If I had bought if from Apple, I could have taken it in and they would have given me a brand new unit. Anyway, they had to take my unit and send it in to get fixed. It was a bit of hassle and I had a couple weeks without a laptop, but nothing to cause me to rant on the web. I have a perfectly working computer in the end and I'm happy without any ill will or words towards the company.

The point is, Apple is know for their quality and so is Outlaw, but defects happen. It could be a factory defect or it could be dropped by a carrier on the way to your house. You just don't know where the issues occurred, but what matters is that it gets resolved in a reasonable amount of time.

So my advice to anyone is to try to resolve your issues with the company first and if you don't get anywhere, then let you opinions be known to the public. No matter how stellar a companies record is, there's always going to be problems, some more severe than others. What matters in the end is wether they take care of the customer or not.

#68214 - 06/16/08 05:22 PM Re: The Good, Bad & Ugly .. My Outlaw Audio Experience
Gunslinger

Nice points Retep. But on another topic. Anymore "artist renderings" of the 990 successor? I enlarged yours and printed and then posted in our office. Everyone things this is a new and available product. Sorry to go off topic.

#68215 - 06/16/08 06:29 PM Re: The Good, Bad & Ugly .. My Outlaw Audio Experience
Retep Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Tauranga, New Zealand
Quote:
Originally posted by nomoneybutgoodsound:
Nice points Retep. But on another topic. Anymore "artist renderings" of the 990 successor? I enlarged yours and printed and then posted in our office. Everyone things this is a new and available product. Sorry to go off topic.
Ah... That's really cool. I haven't had much time to work on it, but perhaps I'll push one out this week. Which on did you print out?

#68216 - 06/16/08 08:04 PM Re: The Good, Bad & Ugly .. My Outlaw Audio Experience
Gunslinger

I printed out the one with the silver trim on the display, with 4 buttons underneath and 3 additional ones. It took me awhile to figure out how to blow it up to full size, but now it is on "display". Now only if Outlaw would post some photos of the next gen 990, or maybe they 're waiting for something from you.

#68217 - 06/17/08 12:55 AM Re: The Good, Bad & Ugly .. My Outlaw Audio Experience
wipper snapper Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Florida
My $5000.00 Bryston SP2 had to go back to the factory. My $6000.00 Simaudio Supernova was exchanged by the factory. My $90,000.00 Boston Whaler had to go back to the factory. None of these are made in China by the way. So wipe your nose and stop your snivelling.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#68218 - 06/17/08 02:30 AM Re: The Good, Bad & Ugly .. My Outlaw Audio Experience
tru blu Offline
Desperado

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by wipper snapper:
My $5000.00 Bryston SP2 had to go back to the factory. My $6000.00 Simaudio Supernova was exchanged by the factory. My $90,000.00 Boston Whaler had to go back to the factory. None of these are made in China by the way. So wipe your nose and stop your snivelling.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yikes! Sounds like it's a good thing you found Outlaw Audio, wipper snapper....but one would think that saving money might lighten one's disposition.

#68219 - 06/17/08 05:01 AM Re: The Good, Bad & Ugly .. My Outlaw Audio Experience
Gunslinger

"So wipe your nose and stop your snivelling." So how is this helpful or an opinion? But, only if we all could be alright with spending thousands only to have to return the items. Perhaps one day I'll get there and be OK with that.

Outlawnut, has the issue been resolved completely? Does your new unit work OK? Also, and this may sound strange, but did you have to incur any costs for this issue such as shipping.

#68220 - 06/17/08 11:50 AM Re: The Good, Bad & Ugly .. My Outlaw Audio Experience
Fredneck Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Frederick, MD
The real question here is, are we going to play stonehenge tomorrow night?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 141 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts