Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#68201 - 06/15/08 03:01 PM Re: The Good, Bad & Ugly .. My Outlaw Audio Experience
Outlawnut Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Miami, Florida
My line of work doesn't compare well to Outlaw's, so the way that we interact with clients doesn't directly compare. My wife used to work in customer service at a bank, though, and there were some customers whose accounts were closed or were warned that their accounts could be closed specifically because of the way they spoke to company employees (including my wife, who was called some very unpleasant things by people - often because the people on the other end of the phone had made a mistake and didn't like having to face the repercussions). There was even one customer up in Washington state that dad and I considered taking a road trip to visit to discuss - possibly with baseball bats - the things he called me wife (on a recorded phone call and without provocation). I'm glad to be able to say that your situation doesn't equal some of those calls, but it does tie in to what Peter's talking about. The customer deserves respect, but there are limits - and the forum is a separate entity with its own rules, where everyone has to be required to follow the same rules.

Eh, bad example, your comment is beyond the scope of the real issue here. I didn't call Scott or anyone at Outlaw any names nor was I out of line for being upset about a product that doesn't work. I had high expectations for Outlaw thats all.

Quote:
BTW do you see the anomaly I see in the OSD ?
I'm guessing that you're looking at the setup menu via component video, such that the 990 is replacing the source video signal with a blank screen and then overlaying the menu on that. This is how I use my 990's menu (I have s-video connected to the TV because I used to use it with the Model 950, but I don't bother using it). I don't remember any interference, but there may be a resolution change happening that your display is reacting to (the OSD is 480i, but the component signal it replaced could easily be at 480p or higher). If you're seeing the interference when using the composite output, then that's a different story. Since I don't use the composite, I can't really offer much about that case. What does the interference look like? [/QB][/QUOTE]

Well the original unit didnt do that for the time that it did work. I'll try a different video source and see if its the same. The interference looks like digital snow in horizontal lines. It only does this when you are making a selection on the screen.

#68202 - 06/15/08 03:05 PM Re: The Good, Bad & Ugly .. My Outlaw Audio Experience
Outlawnut Offline
Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally posted by PeterT:
Outlawnut,

I have to respond here. If you check our forum, we allow all kinds of comments and of course criticisms of our company and products. That has always been our policy.

However, when someone gets close to crossing the line on expressions or language that we find inappropriate, we step in. It's not what you said, but the way you communicated it, that Scott was referring to.

Actually you said it yourself: "Its just that I run two businesses myself and would never talk to a customer that way." Well we expect the same from you. When you employ the language in your earlier post, you on the edge of being pulled down from this forum.

No matter how you feel about Outlaw we expect you to treat this forum with respect. We will NOT censor opinions, but on inappropriate language we will draw the line.

Peter Tribeman
I'm sorry I dont feel I said anything that was out of line. If everyone here is that sensitive then I appologize. Again, if you went through what I just did with Outlaw I think you may think differently.

#68203 - 06/15/08 03:20 PM Re: The Good, Bad & Ugly .. My Outlaw Audio Experience
Otto Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Longmont, Colorado
So what's the offending language or attitude? I read the post that gonk linked above. I see frustration and some comments like "...jesus H christ..." and "...This is BS..." and "... I am just SOL this blows..."

Is that *IT*?!?!?! So, some rather tame acronyms and some frustration with failiing products is what's got everyone so upset? I think Outlawnut was rightfully frustrated, and I think he's correct to question "Do these guys really test this stuff before it leaves the door?!"

Or am I missing something that was actually offensive or inappropriate?

I, too, have dealt with irate customers when we owned a restuarant. Even if we consider Outlawnut to be the "irate customer", it seems like the problem will be easy to fix with customer service. In the forum, it seemed like it was going that way, but it sounds like the phone call went differently.

I'm just trying to understand what Outlawnut is dealing with here, and see his side of it. My dealings with Outlaw have been very positive (although when I have had issues, they have made me prove it over and over again before handling the issue).

Outlawnut -- I, too, had the flickering OSD problem. It would sometimes flicker, sometimes work and somtimes display nothing. It got progressively worse, to the point where it would never display anything at all. I eventually got a replacement, and had no further problems with the OSD.

#68204 - 06/15/08 03:42 PM Re: The Good, Bad & Ugly .. My Outlaw Audio Experience
Outlawnut Offline
Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally posted by Otto:
So what's the offending language or attitude? I read the post that gonk linked above. I see frustration and some comments like "...jesus H christ..." and "...This is BS..." and "... I am just SOL this blows..."

Is that *IT*?!?!?! So, some rather tame acronyms and some frustration with failiing products is what's got everyone so upset? I think Outlawnut was rightfully frustrated, and I think he's correct to question "Do these guys really test this stuff before it leaves the door?!"

Or am I missing something that was actually offensive or inappropriate?

I, too, have dealt with irate customers when we owned a restuarant. Even if we consider Outlawnut to be the "irate customer", it seems like the problem will be easy to fix with customer service. In the forum, it seemed like it was going that way, but it sounds like the phone call went differently.

I'm just trying to understand what Outlawnut is dealing with here, and see his side of it. My dealings with Outlaw have been very positive (although when I have had issues, they have made me prove it over and over again before handling the issue).

Outlawnut -- I, too, had the flickering OSD problem. It would sometimes flicker, sometimes work and somtimes display nothing. It got progressively worse, to the point where it would never display anything at all. I eventually got a replacement, and had no further problems with the OSD.
Yea thats about all I said, everything that went on in the phone call is here on the forum in the exact order it happened. You know if Scott had just called me back said hey were sorry etc etc here's a new unit and just never mentioned anything about my post I would probably be on here right now giving Outlaw nothing but praise. I am still lost as to what is so bad about my post? confused I am just a bit annoyed people other then yourself can't see this from my point of view thats all. Oh well, whatever ..

As for the OSD problem I have my fingers crossed it won't get any worse. That would chalk up 3 bad units in a row if so! mad I'll do some further testing with the other video outputs

#68205 - 06/15/08 04:23 PM Re: The Good, Bad & Ugly .. My Outlaw Audio Experience
tabascocat1994 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Ocala, FL
I have had and still have issues with my 990 also. I want to like Outlaw, but quality seems to be an issue.

I would pay more if Outlaw manufactured its products here is the States, so quality could be controled.
Carver AV705x
Music Hall CD-25
Oppo Digital DV-981HD
Paradigm Signature S-4 (2)
Paradigm Signature C-3
Paradigm Reference ADP-590 (2)

#68206 - 06/15/08 04:48 PM Re: The Good, Bad & Ugly .. My Outlaw Audio Experience
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Quote:
Eh, bad example. I didn't call Scott or anyone at Outlaw any names nor was I out of line for being upset about a product that doesn't work. I had high expectations for Outlaw thats all.
Being upset is justified. I never questioned that, doubly so because we all hold Outlaw to high expectations. You did refrain from calling anyone names, but as I said before your tone did get a bit closer to the edge than the saloon typically experiences.
Quote:
Well the original unit didnt do that for the time that it did work. I'll try a different video source and see if its the same. The interference looks like digital snow in horizontal lines. It only does this when you are making a selection on the screen.
Let us know what you find...

#68207 - 06/15/08 04:58 PM Re: The Good, Bad & Ugly .. My Outlaw Audio Experience
Outlawnut Offline
Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally posted by tabascocat1994:
I have had and still have issues with my 990 also. I want to like Outlaw, but quality seems to be an issue.

I would pay more if Outlaw manufactured its products here is the States, so quality could be controled.
Yup, I didnt know it was made in china until this stuff arrived. I wonder how that would affect cost if it was made here ?? .. But after these hassles it just boils down to, I just want it to work .. LOL smile At this point would I have paid 1800$ for a proc that worked and had all the features of this 990. cool What problems does your 990 have ?

#68208 - 06/15/08 05:03 PM Re: The Good, Bad & Ugly .. My Outlaw Audio Experience
Outlawnut Offline
Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally posted by gonk:
Quote:
Eh, bad example. I didn't call Scott or anyone at Outlaw any names nor was I out of line for being upset about a product that doesn't work. I had high expectations for Outlaw thats all.
Being upset is justified. I never questioned that, doubly so because we all hold Outlaw to high expectations. You did refrain from calling anyone names, but as I said before your tone did get a bit closer to the edge than the saloon typically experiences.
Quote:
Let us know what you find...
You left my quoted text out of how your example was out of scope wink :p Eh, my tone was fine man trust me if you had all these hassles you would be a bit peeved too my friend! I don't want to get off on you wrong Gonk. You seem like a cool resourceful guy. I just want you to think of this from all aspects and that why would I go through all this to post my story if none were true ? I had a few people and friends I told this story to and all their reactions were about the same .. " mad "

Anyways thanks for the tips, I tried out your frequency cd and it sounds awesome on my Servo 15 .. Watching the woofer extended out and having my living room shaking was fun. The girlfriend didn't find it so exciting that the China in the cabinet was rattling however laugh

#68209 - 06/16/08 01:42 AM Re: The Good, Bad & Ugly .. My Outlaw Audio Experience
NRBQLou Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Denver, CO USA
Gotta say, it was never my impression that kids were on this forum (except for us grownup-type kids) and I didn't find Outlawnut's language especially offensive. If I had been "lectured" about my "tone" by a businessperson with whom I was in the middle of rectifying a botched, expensive purchase I might have been a bit, uh, peeved myself.
Oppo BDP-83, Sony UBP-X800
Roku Streaming Stick +
Music Hall mm5.1 table, Ortofon 2M Blue Cartridge, Cambridge Audio 640P Phono Preamp, Pro-Ject Speed Box
Belkin Pure AV Power Conditioner
Audioquest Type 8 speaker cable, Monoprice speaker Cable
Mostly Monoprice interconnects

#68210 - 06/16/08 03:20 AM Re: The Good, Bad & Ugly .. My Outlaw Audio Experience
Laventura Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Montréal,PQ
ditto....to NRBQLou's comments...
Outlaw 1070-Mirage M-290(main)+MCC(center)+Omnisat Micro(sides) nanosat(back)+ +PS12-90(sub)-Technics SL-5 turtable+Cambridge Audio 540P-HTPC - SamsungDTB-H260F HDTV tuner - Optoma HD 20 +100' Draper screen -lots of spaghetti and toys

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 141 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts