Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#67617 - 02/25/08 09:31 PM Re: Dead Center Channel - Help - Dissappointed in Warranty Service
Bass Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Tallahassee, Florida
Hi, Alexandru,

I checked that. I've tried it set to both large and small, but still nothing.

Edward, from customer service, contacted me and suggested I try a new interconnect. I'll pick one up on the way home from work. If that doesn't work, he said they would arrange for it to be taken care of.

#67618 - 02/26/08 03:10 PM Re: Dead Center Channel - Help - Dissappointed in Warranty Service
Bass Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

A quick update: Edward in customer service has been assisting me with this problem. He's been very responsive and after a little further troubleshooting, he is providing me with a label to ship the unit back.

While Outlaw's records reflect the center channel was operational when it was sent to me, something has definitely changed because it is dead now.

I just want to get the unit back fully operational. Watching Ratatouille with my 5 year old in just stereo just doesn't cut it.

#67619 - 02/26/08 08:41 PM Re: Dead Center Channel - Help - Dissappointed in Warranty Service
psyprof1 Offline
Desperado

Loc: Santa Barbara, CA
Good luck, Bass, and I hope Outlaw ships you back a perfect unit. I had to ship back my first 990 because there was no 12-volt remote signal, but as I recall I had a perfect unit in about 2 weeks and no problems since. OTOH I'm running it in stereo because I have no surround stuff yet. Strangely, though, we've sometimes had distinct surround effects, which I attribute to the remarkable spatial qualities of Magneplanar speakers. In "Monsters Inc." sounds were coming with perfect clarity from behind us.
"Ratatouille" is a great film, isn't it?

#67620 - 03/28/08 11:56 PM Re: Dead Center Channel - Help - Dissappointed in Warranty Service
Bass Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Yes, Pysprof1, Ratatouille is great!!

UPDATE:

I am back in business!! smile

Ed in customer service and engineer Jim were very responsive to my problem. We're still not sure what was wrong with the center channel, but Jim resoldered a bunch of the connections.

When I got the unit back, I hooked up just the center channel and the test tone could be heard through the center speaker. Then I added the cable box as a source. I let it run with only the center channel for a day. The sound stayed full without any drop offs. I then added some additional channels one at a time. The center stayed full without any drop offs.

I now have all the sources hooked up and all the channels running.

It sounds like a millions bucks. I popped open some wine last night and enjoyed the Chris Botti Live DVD. The jazz on that movie is excellent on the 990.

Thanks, Ed and Jim, for your patience in dealing with me and for your attention to my needs!!

Best to all.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
0 registered (), 96 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts