I have had for a little over a year now the following for my home theater:
Outlaw Audio 950 PrePro
Outlaw Audio 7100 Amp
Outlaw Audio LFM-1 Sub
Klipsch Heresy Mains 96dB 50-17
Klipsch Academy Center 96dB 65-20
Klipsch KSF-S5 Surrounds 90dB 60-20

I don't really hear a lot of oooomph in my movies...I listen to this system for movies almost exclusively as I have other 2 channel music systems to use.
I have the crossovers set at 60Hz for the Mains, 80Hz for the Center and 80Hz for the Surrounds with all speakers set to Small...Sub crossover at about 65Hz...

It had been suggested on the Klipsch Forum that perhaps I emasculated my Mains by compensating for the relative inefficiencies of my WDST surrounds and that I should replace them with a more efficient speaker...I have now placed another set of Heresys at the rear set identical to the Main Heresys.
I tried the Radio Shack SPL meter but have now gone back to 0dB settings all around until I (hopefully with your help) can get this settled...I cannot believe these speakers cannot deliver more "Beef" than they have been...especially since they sound great for music...my buddy's seemingly inferior Sony system with no SPL tweaking whatsoever seemed to have more beef and my speakers are larger and more efficient and the LFM-1 sub is, well you know...beefy too...
Please help me out to get the most out of my Outlaw/Klipsch system.
Thanks,
Bill

Posted herer as well as there seems to be a bit more traffic...Bill

...Let the Movies and Music Play...