Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 12 of 13 < 1 2 10 11 12 13 >
Topic Options
#65106 - 03/25/08 06:17 PM Re: Bypass mode still applying bass management?
JasonR Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: New York, NY
Call me picky, but I think it's pretty reasonable to ask that a product do what it's documented to do. The 990 doesn't.

I happen to love the sound of the thing, and for the price I still find it a great processor, but it does NOT do what is documented in terms of bass management in small speaker mode with analog signals. The fact that Scott and Edward haven't handled this matter very well gives me pause about buying another Outlaw product.

- Jason

#65107 - 04/07/08 05:31 PM Re: Bypass mode still applying bass management?
krisdz Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Vancouver
I think I find the solution for this problem.
I will purchase the new Denon AVR-4308CI. It has the Denon link 3rd so I can transport the SACD, DVD-A and Stereo etc… trough digital link from my 3930CI and do the DAC and bass management on the processor. Everything else from the HDTV sources will go trough the HDMI 1.3. Also I’m intending to use the 4308 as the amp for the four surround speakers and the pre-outs to feed my front end and sub.
So, my 990 is for sale.
Regards
Kris

#65108 - 04/08/08 02:42 PM Re: Bypass mode still applying bass management?
slbenz Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Northern California
Quote:
Originally posted by krisdz:
I think I find the solution for this problem.
I will purchase the new Denon AVR-4308CI. It has the Denon link 3rd so I can transport the SACD, DVD-A and Stereo etc… trough digital link from my 3930CI and do the DAC and bass management on the processor. Everything else from the HDTV sources will go trough the HDMI 1.3. Also I’m intending to use the 4308 as the amp for the four surround speakers and the pre-outs to feed my front end and sub.
So, my 990 is for sale.
Regards
Kris
Krisdz,

Last month I sold my 990 and replaced it with a NOS Pioneer Elite VSX-74TXVi receiver that I am using as a HT processor. Though the 990 sounded good, the Pioneer sounds even better due to probably a couple of factors. Wanted the Pioneer for the iLink to my Marantz DV-9600 which eliminates jitter, it has a much more sophisticated acoustic room management system than the simple speaker level adjustment of the 990 and the bass management in bypass mode works the way everyone on this thread is wishing for in the 990. Another thing that the Pioneer can do for me is provide biamping to the front channels if I am not running a 7.1 system which my Magnepans benefit from. I will always be an Outlaw customer at heart (great people on this forum) and it was difficult for me to sell the 990 but I had no choice but to move on. Good luck with your next purchase.

Slbenz

#65109 - 04/08/08 05:00 PM Re: Bypass mode still applying bass management?
krisdz Offline
Gunslinger

Slbenz,

Same here. Despite how much I like the people here and the product itself. Lack of the response from the Outlaw forced me to move on. My 990 will be on Ebay soon as I get the Denon 4308CI. I want do some tests on both units. I will post them latter here.
Best regards to everybody.
Kris

#65110 - 04/08/08 06:34 PM Re: Bypass mode still applying bass management?
psyprof1 Offline
Desperado

Loc: Santa Barbara, CA
Silbenz, you mentioned your Magnepans benefiting from using (I presume) 4 channels of your Pioneer receiver. Are your Maggies 3.6s or higher, or have you adapted 1.6s by doing a crossoverectomy on them? And what are you using for a line-level crossover? Can you describe the benefits you've heard from biamping? Thanks.

#65111 - 04/09/08 04:47 AM Re: Bypass mode still applying bass management?
meatbag Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: TX
My 990 is going up for sale too.
Outlaw 990 and 7500
Signal Cable speaker cable
outlaw audio interconnects

#65112 - 04/09/08 11:35 AM Re: Bypass mode still applying bass management?
ronrags Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: NJ
My .02 cents, it appears that we have some children here who complain when things don't work as they expect and throw tantrums. When you purchased Outlaw equipment, you had a 30 day trial period. If the product didn't meet your needs, then you should have returned it.

If you guys need to sell your Outlaw products, do so, move on and grow up.

#65113 - 04/09/08 01:41 PM Re: Bypass mode still applying bass management?
slbenz Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Northern California
Quote:
Originally posted by psyprof1:
Silbenz, you mentioned your Magnepans benefiting from using (I presume) 4 channels of your Pioneer receiver. Are your Maggies 3.6s or higher, or have you adapted 1.6s by doing a crossoverectomy on them? And what are you using for a line-level crossover? Can you describe the benefits you've heard from biamping? Thanks.
Yes, I am using four of the Pioneer's built-in amps. The Pioneer already has a built-in crossover to handle the active crossover needs of my Magnepan IIIas. Biamping with the Pioneer really lit up my IIIas. Much more detail, greater mids and bass you can really feel without the need of a sub. As my wife said, it really loaded the room with sound that she never felt before and I agree. Biamped with the Pioneer sounded better than running my IIIas with my Parasound HCA-1205 or a $9500 Karan 2-channel amp in conventional single cable/speaker mode. I am waiting later today for arrival of Cardas cabling to run my Parasound in biamp mode with the IIIas. Should eliminate all the clinical sound that I am experiencing with the digital amps in the Pioneer.

#65114 - 04/09/08 01:45 PM Re: Bypass mode still applying bass management?
meatbag Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: TX
Quote:
My .02 cents, it appears that we have some children here who complain when things don't work as they expect and throw tantrums. When you purchased Outlaw equipment, you had a 30 day trial period. If the product didn't meet your needs, then you should have returned it.

If you guys need to sell your Outlaw products, do so, move on and grow up.
It’s an open forum for discussion of the equipment. If you don’t like what you are reading or what other people are doing then look for another thread to go nut hugging in.

Some people were lead on to believe that a fix was going to be available soon, like myself. Other wise the outlaw 990 is great but this problem kills its use for stereo music in my situation.
Outlaw 990 and 7500
Signal Cable speaker cable
outlaw audio interconnects

#65115 - 04/13/08 01:20 AM Re: Bypass mode still applying bass management?
krisdz Offline
Gunslinger

Don’t worry Meatbag some people will never get it. Including Outlaw audio.
Regards
Kris

Page 12 of 13 < 1 2 10 11 12 13 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 128 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts