Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 41 of 45 < 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 >
Topic Options
#6422 - 12/28/06 12:42 PM Re: Clever Little Clocks
charlie Offline
Desperado

Quote:
Originally posted by delius:
... there are far more variations with it than there are with air pressure, when listening to reproduced music. Since you like to pretend to know so much about music reproduction ...
I've got a better idea - how about you try really really hard to refrain from personal attacks and then YOU explain how the CLC enhance music reproduction. Extraordinary claims requiring extraordinary proof and so forth.

Magic will not be smiled upon as an explanation.

#6423 - 12/28/06 02:35 PM Re: Clever Little Clocks
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
In my last post, I mentioned that I had one last thing that I intended to post about. This one goes back to the Catch-22 that I commented about some time ago. As I expected, my willingness to listen to the MP3 files that were offered as an example of what Belt devices can do was dismissed. I'd expected the reasoning for this dismissal to be due to some fault in my ability to listen, but it was instead because suddenly (after at least three references to the site as a way to hear what Belt devices can do) it was not a reliable demonstration. To top it off, we got the following claim not long after my post about my experiences with the MP3 files:
Quote:
I repreat: IN HUNDREDS OF MESSAGES, NO ONE HERE HAS YET TO TRY A SINGLE CLC CLOCK OR BELT PRODUCT OR TECHNIQUE!
Sigh... And here I was under the impression (based both on delius's own posts and on the site in question itself ) that listening to those damned files over and over and over again (yes, I tried repeatedly over the course of several days) was supposed to serve as a means of trying one of these techniques. As further reminder of our Catch-22, a couple more attempts at courteous discourse (including one apology!) have been met with long-winded diatribes (along with a pleasant and brief flash of humanity, when the ranting 1600-word response to garcianc2003's apology ends with a two-line "apology accepted" and offer of some pineapple).

There's still one other site offered as an example of Belt devices that doesn't cost me any money, so I wandered over to that site again and this time downloaded the bitmap file (with its four copies of a curious reversed "L" shape with an arc at the corner). I was supposed to print the bitmap out, cut the L-shapes out of the paper, and stick one to the back of my CD player near the jacks. The printer did its job, out came the scissors, out came the tape, and off I went to stick one to my DVD player and one to my SoundBridge (the two sources most likely to get use). By applying one to each, I figured it would be a good, diverse test: both a high-fidelity (DVD/CD) source and a low-fidelity (MP3) source, as well as a video source for good measure. I left them on there for nearly a week (they went on last Tuesday evening), and then removed them (as directed by the site) early on Christmas morning to see if I could detect a change. Throughout the test, my wife was unaware of what I was doing, so her sensitive ear (which has spotted many minor changes in the system in the past) would serve as a blind check of the shapes.

So is my system now studded with taped-on images and shapes? Have I ordered any clever clocks, little or otherwise? Are there going to be various sized jars of rocks, pieces of foil, or thin layers of cream appearing around my house? No, no, and no. With an assortment of MP3 files, CD's, and DVD's (giving some consideration to picture quality from the DVD's as well as sound quality from all three formats), I was unable to find any difference using the L-shapes. There was no improvement when they were added, and no degradation when they were eliminated. At the end of the test, I remain unmoved by Peter Belt's concepts. Is that because I don't want to believe, or because I'm afraid to believe, or because I believe that I'm not supposed to believe? None of the above - I gave it an honest try, and found that it had no effect. Clearly others have made similar efforts and had different results. I can't say why that was, but the simple fact remains that neither of the sites offered in this thread as examples of Belt devices have done anything for me. I find myself agreeing very much with the words written 19 years ago by J. Gordon Holt in this editorial - not only because if my initial skeptical reaction to the concepts, but because of these attempts to actually give the concepts a chance in my home. If it works for you, congratulations, but I simply don't buy it.

At this point, I've jumped through enough hoops. I'm not buying any clocks, foils, or creams (not even with a money-back guarantee) - my last post offered an explanation of why I have no interest in giving Machina Dynamica my business, and my experiences with Delius's demonstrations leaves me just as uninterested in PWB's products as I was when this debate started. (Oh, and it's worth noting that MD and PWB are two separate entities - Delius pointed out a few posts back that PWB's been selling their products for 25 years or so, but MD was incorporated eight years ago and has only one current employee - Geoff Kait - listed on their site.) I'm not listening to any more MP3 files that may or may not prove someone else's point. I've done enough to honestly evaluate these concepts to my satisfaction. We are all entitled to our opinions, beliefs, and disbeliefs, and I've stated mine on this subject. If you don't like my opinions, beliefs, and disbeliefs, more power to you - but if you cannot accept that I hold those opinions, beliefs, and disbeliefs without feeling compelled to call me a brainless idiot, save us all the bandwidth and keep it to yourself. Or don't, if you feel so deeply driven to insult me, but remember as you type out your lengthy condemnations that each time you find it necessary to change your tune in order to declare individuals' mental incompetence you only erode what credibility you might have had with those quietly reading these posts. Each time you have to reject your own examples of Belt devices (such as the MP3 files that fell by the wayside as soon as someone made a serious effort to listen to them ) in order to further belittle and berate others, you lose. The choice is yours...

#6424 - 12/28/06 04:01 PM Re: Clever Little Clocks
eprudho Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
What is the total post count in this thread?? :rolleyes:

Dave

#6425 - 12/28/06 06:38 PM Re: Clever Little Clocks
charlie Offline
Desperado

A nice shot or two of Basil Haydens generally increases my enjoyment of most leisure activities, including music listening, but that doesn't make Bourbon a Hi-Fi tweak. I think.

As an added bonus Bourbon has a large body of research, both scientific and, ah, not, that describes and explains the cause and effect. Ahem.

#6426 - 12/28/06 09:09 PM Re: Clever Little Clocks
Bob045 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: USA
My own "tweak" parallels Charlie's idea. Except I use a hefty measure of Jack Daniels and Coca-Cola.

I have not tried Basil Haydens...sounds like a good possibility for New Year's Eve. smile

#6427 - 12/29/06 01:53 AM Re: Clever Little Clocks
Lonster Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Eureka CA.
Thanks Gonk :-)
I use naturally occurring substances to enhance my listening pleasures (especially when listening to Pink Floyd), but you can be damn sure I don't tape them to my audio components, place them under my audio components or rub them on my ancillary parts and pieces.
THESE substances go straight to the brain, for a direct and easily detectible improvement in sound quality and quality of life in general.
Belt THAT D..D.. Delius

Lonster

#6428 - 12/29/06 02:56 AM Re: Clever Little Clocks
delius Offline
Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally posted by Lonster:
Thanks Gonk :-)
I use naturally occurring substances to enhance my listening pleasures (especially when listening to Pink Floyd), but you can be damn sure I don't tape them to my audio components, place them under my audio components or rub them on my ancillary parts and pieces.
THESE substances go straight to the brain, for a direct and easily detectible improvement in sound quality and quality of life in general.
Belt THAT D..D.. Delius

Lonster
Are you still trolling? I see that you folks indulge a lot in the use of alcohol and recreational drugs before you listen to your systems, and you believe this makes the best substitute for proper audio enhancement. It might surprise you to know, that unlike you all, I don't do drugs or alcohol. But then, if I had systems that sounded like yours, I suppose I might. Its probably the only way you can make them sound any good.

#6429 - 12/29/06 03:09 AM Re: Clever Little Clocks
delius Offline
Gunslinger

Quote:
In my last post, I mentioned that I had one last thing that I intended to post about. This one goes back to the Catch-22 that I commented about some time ago. As I expected, my willingness to listen to the MP3 files that were offered as an example of what Belt devices can do was dismissed. I'd expected the reasoning for this dismissal to be due to some fault in my ability to listen, but it was instead because suddenly (after at least three references to the site as a way to hear what Belt devices can do) it was not a reliable demonstration.
Gonk, my wayward friend, I don't know if you can hear yourself talk, but if you could, you'd find that you were positivey dripping with prejudice against me, and against the products and techniques I support. If you're setting out to "prove" that none of this stuff is true, then how do you expect me or anyone to agree that you have taken a fair and unbiased approach here?

Your biased attitude is particularly acute in these words: "suddenly (after at least three references to the site as a way to hear what Belt devices can do) it was not a reliable demonstration".

1) First of all, you're implying I changed something by the word "suddenly". When YOU are the one who "suddenly" decided you would put the mp3's through all kinds of processing, believing that won't change the sound. I have conducted far more tests than you on the audibility of mp3 processing (in fact I had a site on that subject as well, replete with mp3 test files to demonstrate how processing mp3's changes the sound), to know that this very much can and does change or degrade the sound.

2) Secondly, regardless of how many references I made to my site (and 3 were necessary since people here can't read and were unaware I had made any), I made it very clear telling and everyone who visited my site that the mp3 test was not the most reliable demonstration, and I explained why. Quote:

"In both the cases of the Dhera Dun tracks and the Demo tracks, the original versions that I heard exhibited FAR greater differences than what you may hear after they have all been compressed to MP3, downloaded and all the rest. "

So I don't appreciate your deliberate ad hominem arguments here, which only underlines the grave prejudices you've had throughout this experiment, and your basic insincerity in trying out my tests.

3) Thirdly, I don't appreciate you mischaracterizing the things on my site as "Belt devices". "Belt devices" are devices made by Belt, or described by Belt. You did not try Belt devices, so don't imply here that your findings have any bearing whatsoever on PWB's products.

Quote:
To top it off, we got the following claim not long after my post about my experiences with the MP3 files: quote:
I repreat: IN HUNDREDS OF MESSAGES, NO ONE HERE HAS YET TO TRY A SINGLE CLC CLOCK OR BELT PRODUCT OR TECHNIQUE! Sigh... And here I was under the impression (based both on delius's own posts and on the site in question itself) that listening to those damned files over and over and over again (yes, I tried repeatedly over the course of several days) was supposed to serve as a means of trying one of these techniques.
I'm sorry that you misguided yourself, but you do that a lot, you know. So does everyone else here do that a lot . It's not my fault that you do, so stop blaming me for your mistakes. I repeat my claim, because it still stands true: IN HUNDREDS OF MESSAGES, NO ONE HERE HAS YET TO TRY A SINGLE CLC CLOCK OR BELT PRODUCT OR TECHNIQUE! The stuff on my sites are not Belt techniques per se, part of it is from my own experimenations within the realm of the Belt phenomenon, part of it was culled from other sources, namely biogeometry.

Quote:
As further reminder of our Catch-22, a couple more attempts at courteous discourse (including one apology!) have been met with long-winded diatribes (along with a pleasant and brief flash of humanity, when the ranting 1600-word response to garcianc2003's apology ends with a two-line "apology accepted" and offer of some pineapple).
How far deep did you have your head in the grog this season, Gonk? I did not write any "rant" to garcianc2003. I suspect you consider anything longer than 3 lines a "rant", and I suggest you try cracking open a dictionary at least on a random occasion, and have an idea of what you're talking about before you speak. I have and have had no quarrel with garcianc2003. I even offered him "pineapple", for christ's sake. Do you think I do that for everyone? Besides, I don't see what any of my posts to garcian2003 has to do with your experiments on my sites? More ad hominem attacks and misdirected hatred and prejudice from you. I suggest you cast aside your hypocrisy and stick to the issues. Too much fluff on this board, man can't live by fluff alone, you know. If you're supposed to be the man of science here, act like it! And if its your role to lead the flock, then be a good leader.

Quote:
Throughout the test, my wife was unaware of what I was doing, so her sensitive ear (which has spotted many minor changes in the system in the past) would serve as a blind check of the shapes
Are you kidding? You mean you expected your wife to notice the changes, out of the blue like that, without sitting down and concentrating on the differences, to try to find out what they might be? Again, I can see you have no experience testing tweaks, and I'm sorry if you think you're an expert at it (at least you sound like you think you are). Because with expectations like that, you're clearly not. Most changes one makes to the sound won't be heard that way no matter the DUT, and with just 2 L-shapes in place, definitely not!

Perhaps you think I could be vacuuming the rug and notice someone had slipped off or on one of the L-shapes?! Definitely not! Even 12 of them is unlikely to be considered a major transformation of anyone's system. The only point of the experiment though, is to see whether the differences can be discerned -at all-. If they can, it demonstrates the phenomenon to the listener. If they can't, it demonstrates that particular test does not demonstrate the phenomeon to the listener at that particular time. That's all.

Quote:
So is my system now studded with taped-on images and shapes? Have I ordered any clever clocks, little or otherwise? Are there going to be various sized jars of rocks, pieces of foil, or thin layers of cream appearing around my house?
Stop teasing me now, I'm on the edge of my seat already!

Quote:
No, no, and no.
Oh no! That's three commissions that I lose! Have you any IDEA how much money you just cost me?!

Quote:
With an assortment of MP3 files, CD's, and DVD's (giving some consideration to picture quality from the DVD's as well as sound quality from all three formats), I was unable to find any difference using the L-shapes. There was no improvement when they were added, and no degradation when they were eliminated.
Frankly, I'm shocked! No, I don't mean I'm shocked you didn't hear the difference, I'm shocked you think you should have. I know you're ready to blame me for your mistakes again, but nevertheless, the fact remains that you didn't follow my instructions again. Two L-shapes are not enough for someone with your listening skills. I wrote that in my instructions, that the average listener might need at least a dozen installed. Why do you think there are 4 per picture? I even wrote details about how to listen, how to conduct the test. It's clear here, you followed none of that. You certainly won't find anything about me saying you should take a week to detect changes. If I had to do that, it would take me approximately 15 years before I could successfully treat a single object.

Quote:
At the end of the test, I remain unmoved by Peter Belt's concepts. Is that because I don't want to believe, or because I'm afraid to believe, or because I believe that I'm not supposed to believe?
I'd say it's a bit of all three.

Quote:
None of the above - I gave it an honest try, and found that it had no effect.
Sorry, you made an effort, yes, you get more credit than anyone here for making an effort, because at least you can say you made an effort. But you did NOT give it an honest try. To begin with, if you had intended to give it an honest try, one would think you would have asked me or emailed me to let me know what you were undertaking, and asking for my advice on how to go about it properly, so you don't waste your time by botching it up. Which, let's face it, you very much did.

And if you refuse to conduct or repeat an experiment according the guidelines proposed by the author of the experiment, well then Mr. Man-Of-Science, you have no right to claim to have done a competent trial, and no right to draw any credible conclusions from its results.

Quote:
Clearly others have made similar efforts and had different results. I can't say why that was,
I can, and no, it isn't autosuggestion. So that leaves other factors, of which there can be many (Sorry that life and the truth isn't as simple as you'd like to make it out to be, that's not my fault either). One person threatened to fly to my country to bash my head in, because he felt humiliated that he tried one of my devices (not the L-shape), and it didn't work. I can read between the lines and see you're suffering from the same effect that he did, that many skeptics have had. It's a kind of "remorseful" feeling as I understand it. A feeling that says "You and your silly quantum audio tweaks! I want my time back, dammit!". It's accompanied by the exact same dismissive attitude, that you believe you proceeded to carry out the tests just perfectly fine, you won't hear otherwise, and you're going to reassert your limited narrow views of audio even more. In fact, for all I know, maybe you now believe in even less audio devices than you did before!

Now, in the case above, I don't know what the angry skeptic did that might explain why the test didn't go over well. I didn't care for his attitude so I never asked him. However, for some reason he retried the experiments, and I don't know if he changed anything but he heard exactly what he should have heard in the first place. Then his attitude" changed 180 degrees, and he thanked me for introducing him to the advanced audio concepts. The last time we had this conversation, I already gave you numerous reasons for why you didn't get results. So you do have an idea why that was, you simply refuse to acknowledge it. Scientifically objective, you are not.

Quote:
but the simple fact remains that neither of the sites offered in this thread as examples of Belt devices have done anything for me. I find myself agreeing very much with the words written 19 years ago by J. Gordon Holt in this editorial - not only because if my initial skeptical reaction to the concepts, but because of these attempts to actually give the concepts a chance in my home. If it works for you, congratulations, but I simply don't buy it.
Aha! Just the fact that you read that biased article by Holt, who's opinion is worth even less than yours because he didn't experiment with a lot of the products that he dismissed in that article, and how it sticks in your mind immediately after your test, says a lot about your prejudices going in. Ever heard of a reverse placebo? If you're that "afraid to believe" as you yourself put it, then you do a cockamamie job on the tests, then you refuse to take good advice on how to properly conduct the test from the person who designed the testing site, you never gave the concepts a chance. More importantly, you never gave the products a chance before concluding its all a hoax, despite the fact that they're free as well.

Secondly, you're still falsely concluding you tested Belt's devices. If you had wanted to do a test of Belt's devices, you'd have at least made an attempt to see if you could obtain the free foil sample, that I mentioned in an earlier post. For that's a Belt device. And even that's hardly the most effective Belt product, and not a measure of the entire Belt phenomenon. But it is more effective than an L-shape.

Quote:
(Oh, and it's worth noting that MD and PWB are two separate entities - Delius pointed out a few posts back that PWB's been selling their products for 25 years or so, but MD was incorporated eight years ago and has only one current employee - Geoff Kait - listed on their site.)
You mean there's someone here that doesn't realize that already? Who?

Quote:
I'm not listening to any more MP3 files that may or may not prove someone else's point. I've done enough to honestly evaluate these concepts to my satisfaction.
Frankly Gonk, I'm stymied as to why they call you the resident "man of science" here. I haven't seen any real objectivity from you since I got here, and I still don't, if you think you've done enough to evaluate the Belt phenomenon with what little you did. I don't know if you actually do work in any field of science or technology.... if you do, I can't believe you make a lot of progress with an approach like that. You need to learn how to properly conduct an audio test, the next time you attempt to test an audio device.

Quote:
We are all entitled to our opinions, beliefs, and disbeliefs, and I've stated mine on this subject. If you don't like my opinions, beliefs, and disbeliefs, more power to you - but if you cannot accept that I hold those opinions, beliefs, and disbeliefs without feeling compelled to call me a brainless idiot, save us all the bandwidth and keep it to yourself.
Well, first of all, did you keep it to yourself when you called HFSG a shill, and MD scammers, or did you feel "compelled" to do so simply because he held the belief that the CLC clock was effective and worth trying? Did you or anyone here "save us all the bandwidth" by respecting the beliefs of HFSG/GoodSound, or did you and your friends lambaste him for 300+ messages, before I climbed on board and changed how the game was played? I mean here you go again with your hypocrisy, does it ever end?

I have no problem with your beliefs. I have a problem with you disrespecting others here on this forum for their beliefs. Including and especially me. I also have a problem with you not condemning others for their belittlement of me, as it further reveals your prejudice and hypocrisy. EVERYONE has a right to their beliefs, right or wrong, and the right to express them on THIS AUDIO FORUM WITHOUT BEING ATTACKED BY MOCKERY, RIDICULE, SCORN, DERISION and other forms of abusive belittling . Or what you and your friends call "innocent jokes". You and your friends felt deeply driven to insult HFSG/GoodSound, since you all did so for months on end, relentlessly, despite not ever being personally attacked by this member. Not once.

The other problem I have is you stating your beliefs as FACT, when you offer no evidence to support your opinions. In fact, you have never shown me evidence for a single claim you made, despite me asking you 650 times over, and you've made a LOT of false claims toward me.

Quote:
Each time you have to reject your own examples of Belt devices (such as the MP3 files that fell by the wayside as soon as someone made a serious effort to listen to them)
There you go again, stirring up the muck and insulting me. You know something Gonk, in a moderated academic debate, you wouldn't last two rounds with me. Because your appeals to prejudice to this "audience" you keep playing to here, wouldn't get you very far, and you dont have much of any substance left to your arguments, with your personal ad hominem attacks stripped away. Arrogant as you are, like the rest, you will never admit your own mistakes. So you blame me for you screwing up the mp3 test, and not following my instructions as advised. You most certainly did not make a serious effort to test them, you made the worst kind of joke effort. AFAIC, you never listened to the mp3's, since you never listened to them properly. And they were never meant to be a "test" in the first place, or a substitute for testing the Belt phenomenon. If I knew you were going to stomp all over it like this and pretend that it invalidates PWB's products, I would have never mentioned the site to you.

As it stands, because you did not conduct any of the tests properly, you can not claim to be able to make any intelligent or meaningful conclusions about those techniques, let alone anything to do with Beltism. Sorry, but you have no credibility points in which to do so.

#6430 - 12/29/06 10:15 AM Re: Clever Little Clocks
Laventura Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Montréal,PQ
What's the story with the trolls ?
How do you see them everywhere ?
Is that a side-effect from ''belting''yourself ?

Or have the clocks opened a portal to another dimension ?

I'm all for a good afternoon of ''arts & crafts''
decorating your gear with little papers of differents shapes and colors...
a very relaxing family activity...
But I must admit my weariness...
at having trolls show up in my living room...

and after all that...
what a disapointment...
those little L shaped papers on my pc screen...
didn't dissipate the soporific effect of Delius's words...
So here I am ...afraid of trolls and sleepy...
but my gear has a festive aura...
and that's all good....
Can garden dwarves be an audio tweak too ?
Outlaw 1070-Mirage M-290(main)+MCC(center)+Omnisat Micro(sides) nanosat(back)+ +PS12-90(sub)-Technics SL-5 turtable+Cambridge Audio 540P-HTPC - SamsungDTB-H260F HDTV tuner - Optoma HD 20 +100' Draper screen -lots of spaghetti and toys

#6431 - 12/29/06 01:32 PM Re: Clever Little Clocks
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
I wondered what reason might be offered for dismissing my evaluation of the L-shape, and in fact I had a suspicion that it might be your claim that I didn't use enough - that I was one of those people who required more shapes in order to hear the difference. Before I mention the other part of my L-shape evaluation, I'm going to take a moment to catch back up on some things.

• Part 1: This site was one of two offered as examples of the power of Belt's concepts. If you go to that site, the first thing you will see below the title is the statement (in large, bold type) "This page is intended to provide a tangible means of demonstrating the effects of photographs on our senses." The site is part of the discussion in this thread because it was first introduced with the paragraph below:
    Quote:
    And guess what? You can influence recordings as well. And the perception transfers. I've done experiments where I've Belted my CD burner (but burned the same tracks to a similar CDRW before Belting). The resulting CDs were superior to the ones made on the same (but pre-Belted) burner. Guess what else? You can hear this for yourself. Since you were speaking about "prompting the audience to go to a web site to learn about the wonderful product", I created a website where you can download edited MP3's of the recording sessions I just mentioned. Mind you, because of all the processing, the differences between the two versions are not nearly as considerable as what I initially heard. But I believe to the discriminating ear, they are still discernable:

http://www.geocities.com/cico_buff/
    The site also offers the following comment regarding the negative effects of MP3's lossy compression on the sample tracks:
    Quote:
    Still, I feel there should be enough resolution left after all this processing to still hear at least some sort of differences beteen each version of the music track. In order to ensure more success at hearing these differences, you should play them back on good quality headphones.
    Based on all of this, I understood the six MP3 files offered on that site to be a reasonable method of listening to the effects of applying Belt techniques to a system. Had I wanted to simply dismiss these files, I could have used some mediocre earbuds and listened to the files a time or two. Instead, I listened repeatedly to all six files (both as MP3 files and as tracks on an audio CD created with Nero 6), using my main system instead of headphones because I had no good headphones available and felt that my main system would be at least as good as headphones at reproducing subtle nuances in sound. Aside from perhaps a slightly higher overall signal level from the "full metal jacket" version of Jingle Bells, I found the files to be indistinguishable from each other.
  • Part 2: My MP3 file findings were dismissed because "they were never meant to be a "test" in the first place". And yet, the information that led me to try listening to them specifically identified them as "a tangible means of demonstrating the effects of photographs on our senses." If you fail to see the Catch-22 here, then so be it. All I can do is suggest that you either revise your site to identify the files as uesless demonstrations or post the uncompressed WAV files (the longest MP3 is only 60 seconds and most are only 35 seconds - toss the raw WAV files into a zip file and you wouldn't be talking about much file space at all).
  • Part 3: Since my MP3 listening was apparently meaningless, I turned to the other site offered as a test of Belt techniques. Here's the first time that particular site was offered:
    Quote:
    If that isn't enough to prove things for yourselves, I have my own website created to allow people the opportunity to test out the theory behind the revolutionary Belt techniques, even if they are not serious about buying any of the products:

http://www.geocities.com/soundhaspriority/
    I started out with two shapes, one each on my DVD player and MP3 player. I gave these nearly a week, using an assortment of familiar source material, and found no effect. I also didn't tell me wife, to see if knowledge of the shape's presence mattered. Again, no effect. This test was rejected with great enthusiasm, but that's hardly a surprise...
  • Part 4: I left this one for last, since I didn't feel like digging into it until I had the den to myself for a while to do some more serious tinkering. The instructions on the Sound Has Priority site suggest that if you can't hear a difference with one or two shapes, that you should move up to a dozen. The tape came back out, and the following shapes got applied: two on the back of the DV-981HD, one on the back of the Model 990, three on the front of the DV-981HD, two on the front of the Model 990, one on the back of the SoundBridge M500, two on the front of the SoundBridge M500, and one on the top of the Model 7500. That's an even dozen. Familiar demo material (CD's, MP3's, an SACD, and Revenge of the Sith) played off and on over the course of about a day now. I still do not find any effect. This is a system that I've built up over the course of years, and that I am extremely familiar with - there was not even a subtle change introduced by the shapes.

That brings us to the present. Delius has offered us all two web sites as resources should anyone wish to conduct an evaluation of Belt techniques: Sound Has Priority (L-shapes) and Photographs as Devices (MP3 files). True, he's backed off on the MP3 files, but as recently as earlier this month it was a resource worth presenting to us. I've investigated both, and would suggest that others who have an interest in putting these techniques to the test do the same. If you find Belt's techniques to be a revelation, then I'm sure there are resources online (such as delius) who could offer you even more information. If you find the techniques to be ineffectual no matter how carefully you follow the procedures or how many times you try them, you are not alone. While we're on that subject, though, I'd like to take a moment to comment on one of delius's recent comments:
Quote:
One person threatened to fly to my country to bash my head in, because he felt humiliated that he tried one of my devices (not the L-shape), and it didn't work. I can read between the lines and see you're suffering from the same effect that he did, that many skeptics have had. It's a kind of "remorseful" feeling as I understand it. A feeling that says "You and your silly quantum audio tweaks! I want my time back, dammit!".
I'm not humiliated. I'm not remorseful. I don't want my time back. If I felt stupid for having taped the shapes all over my gear, I wouldn't have told anyone that I did it. For that matter, even though the shapes didn't alter the sound of my system, I still had a pleasant time listening to old favorites on my system (something that work and parenthood often make difficult, unfortunately). I'm certainly not surprised that your confrontational, insulting, and obnoxious posting style has driven others to threaten you with violence, but I don't share similar feelings. You might be trying to read between the lines a bit too hard.

I'm saddened that this forum - a place that has been a pleasant, useful, and supportive community for home theater hobbyists for nearly six years now, and I feel sure will continue to offer such a home for us for years to come - has had to endure this particular thread. We've debated everything from exotic cables to room equalization techniques (among many other topics) with intelligence, courtesy, civility, and more often than not light-heartedness. Fortunately, the rancor that has flowed through many recent posts in this thread has remained limited to this one thread, which is just one of many things for us to be thankful this holiday season. I'm off to enjoy the rest of my vacation now...

Page 41 of 45 < 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 123 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM