Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#63611 - 01/15/07 03:25 PM 2 990 Issues (1 Video, 1 Audio)
gradstudent Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Southern California
Hello All,

I just took delivery of my new 990/7500 combo this weekend. I have run into two problems with the 990 that are prob. old news to a few of you. Any advice would be great!

Issue 1: Component Video Switching
When I use the Video1 and DVD Component Video-in on the 990, the monitor out will give the menu to my TV, but neither of the video sources will work (although sound works). I checked the video input in the 990's menu and it was set to component. When I plug the two inputs directly into the TV, they work fine. Is there something else I need to turn on in the 990 to have it pass the component video through?

Issue 2: Auto Set-Up
I'm using Polk LSi25 fronts and Polk LSiFx surrounds for a 5.1 system (haven't purchased Lsi 9's yet). When I try and use the 990 Auto-Set up feature I get an error message that says:

"Your rear speakers are large and your front speakers are small, please shut off unit, switch them, and run set up again."

I believe this may be caused by the fact that my LSi25's include powered subs, but I would really like to use the Auto Set-Up feature.

Other than these two issues, the system sounds great!

System:
Lsi 25
Lsi C
Lsi FX
Outlaw 990
Outlaw 7500
Oppo DVD
Onyx CD
Toshiba HDTV
Polk LSi FX
Outlaw 990
Outlaw 7500
Toshiba 65" HDTV (projection)

#63612 - 01/15/07 04:42 PM Re: 2 990 Issues (1 Video, 1 Audio)
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Issue 1 certainly sounds odd. When I read that component monitor out will work but the sources themselves wouldn't appear, my first thought was a resolution incompatibility. The opposite is often true because folks with older HDTV's connect the component monitor out to an input that only supports 480p or higher resolution and the 990's menu won't appear because it is in 480i. In your case, though, I assume that you connected the sources directly to the same input that the 990 was using and got video straight from them without trouble. I'd start by making sure there's nothing wrong with the cables running from source to 990 (reversed cables, loose connections, etc) and then make sure that the DVD input is set to use "COMP-DVD" and the Video1 input is set to use "COMP-VID1" (assuming that those are the two inputs that you connected to on the 990's rear panel).

The second issue is simpler: you need to adjust your crossover settings before running the auto setup. Turn your crossovers down from the 100Hz default and leave them all as small. You might also want to prop the microphone up around ear level in your listening position if you haven't already (I used a little tripod, but even just a box or something will suffice). I think some folks have also set tone defeat to "on" (disabling the bass and treble tone controls).

Who's Online
0 registered (), 73 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts