I've had my 990 for over a year now-it's been connected to a DIRECTV HR-20 box and a Mitsubishi WD55513 (older widescreen CRT projection). I've been using the DVI input/outputs with this combination without any problems. I had to use DVI/HDMI cable for the DIRECTV box, but the Mits is DVI to DVI. I also use a rooftop antenna for OTA HD into the HR-20 via coax. No problems.

I just purchased a Sony KDSA2000 (60" with 2 HDMI inputs)..problem is I can't get OTA broadcasts but do get DIRECTV signal. Weird, because its one HDMI output cable from HR-20 to 990, then DVI/HDMI (from 990) cable to Sony. When I bypass 990 and go directly from HR-20 to Sony via HDMI to HDMI everything works properly......Sony tech guy was perplexed also; I may try going directly from rooftop coax into Sony, do a channel scan, then reconnect everything thru 990 and see if that works...I don't think it will make a difference, but in this game you try everything thats possible...I have a gut feeling that its a compatability issue with the DVI on the 990 (but not a problem with the Mits???..older technology??)...anyways, like I said, everything works fine if I bypass the 990 (no lip synch issues, either). Just wondering if anybody else had a similar situation....
Anthem MRX-500/ Outlaw 7500, Paradigm Studio 100's Fronts, Paradigm CC-590 Center, Phase Technology Dipole rears , Martin Logan Dynamo sub, Oppo BDP-103, DIRECTV H22-200 DVR HD receiver, Samsung PN60E8000 3D Plasma 60"
2nd System
B&K ST 202 Amp, Outlaw 990, Rotel RCD 1072CD, Yaqin CD 1 Tube Buffer, Apogee Centaur Minors, Phase Technology Model 10 Sub, Rotel RP-855 turntable, Panasonic DMP-BD30, DIRECTV H21-700 DVR HD receiver, Free Agent Home Theatre+, Vizio 40" LED