Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 28 of 45 < 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 44 45 >
Topic Options
#6292 - 11/22/06 01:05 PM Re: Clever Little Clocks
GoodSound Offline
Gunslinger

From what Geoff said on another forum, here's how the Clever Little Clocks work. The CLC operates on the way we hear sound; i.e., its a sensory percetion issue as opposed to a system issue. The problem that the CLC addresses degrades our sensory perception-both sight and vision- to some degree. Of course, we're not aware of this degradation at all since we've always lived with it. You could say that the "better" sound (or video picture) was in the room all the time, but until the CLC was brought into the room you couldn't hear (see) it properly.

#6293 - 11/22/06 01:15 PM Re: Clever Little Clocks
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
eek The problem with what Geoff says is that he's making the whole mess up while selling $5 clocks for $150 a pop. In addition to that, the things he says are so ludicrously anathema to reasonable science and common sense that the folks around here basically chuckle, shake their heads, and only give it a second thought if they decide to find new sarcastic remarks to offer up.

Kudos on the chainsaw, by the way, Lonster. Maybe you could market a Clever Little Chainsaw - chop holes in walls, floors, and ceilings to improve the acoustics of a room. It'd be a new way to lower your noise floor (and your floor joists). We could even toss in a free Devious Tiny Disc to use for system calibration or for stabilizing one of garcianc2003's citrus isolator globes...

#6294 - 11/25/06 10:28 AM Re: Clever Little Clocks
GoodSound Offline
Gunslinger

#6295 - 11/25/06 02:11 PM Re: Clever Little Clocks
sluggo Offline
Desperado

Loc: Plano, TX
:rolleyes:
Suuuure. A direct quote from the keyboard of the mighty Geoff:

Quote:
The reason I bring this up is because the silver foil is an example of a device that affects sound "remotely" - the effect of the PWB foil is due to the change in our *perception* of the sound, as opposed to any change or modification to the audio system. So, what is going on here?!
Come on, this is crap and even Geoff knows it. He's so brazen about it he'll even tell you.

Here are some quotes from other testers:

Quote:
  • So the CLC doesn't affect the stereo itself in any way. The CLC is affecting the listener. More specificly the listener's state of mind. You will hear a difference if you want too. Like being hypnotized.
  • Maybe it's me, maybe it's my system or my room, but I just can't reliably tell when it's in or out of the room, and I detected no difference between placement on the stump or in the company car across the street.
  • I could not convince myself that there was any appreciable difference in the audio.

And this one is my favorite:

Quote:
Would I pay $200 for it? No. Would I pay $50... yes, just because it's fun to play around with. It's great fun to find that you can really change your perceptions so easily, whether it's the clock doing it or your own thinking.
There are apparently enough people out there who think nothing of throwing their money away, which explains why a company like Machina Dynamica stays in business.

#6296 - 11/25/06 06:45 PM Re: Clever Little Clocks
GoodSound Offline
Gunslinger

Two clocks are alot better than (just one)! After you put some frozen memory foil and quick silver gold on the batteries its a night and day difference! eek eek eek cool

#6297 - 11/25/06 06:52 PM Re: Clever Little Clocks
garcianc2003 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Washington, DC
Guy: "Hey baby, how ya doin'?"

Girl: "Hi there, big boy." says the beautiful girl sitting at the bar who, unbeknownst to him, is a machina dynamica undercover operative.

Guy: "I only seem tall because I am sitting on my wallet"

Girl: "Oh here, would you buy me 1, 2 or 8 of these Clever Little Clocks?"

Guy: "Sure, here's my wallet"

Girl: [giggle, hair twirl, etc.]

Guy: "Hey what's the deal with those clocks? Now that I am sitting one inch lower everything sounds different!"

Girl: "If you like that, wait until you hear the pebbles."

#6298 - 11/29/06 12:30 AM Re: Clever Little Clocks
GoodSound Offline
Gunslinger

I put some more frozen memory foil on the batteries and my stereo system now sounds more tube-like in sound now eek !! I have an old Sansui G901 receiver and some old JBL L150A speakers eek smile

#6299 - 11/29/06 11:13 AM Re: Clever Little Clocks
GoodSound Offline
Gunslinger

I'm sure that If Scott would only contact these companies and tell them that some of his forum members would like to try them out. I'm sure that they would send him two clever little clocks, a free sample of memory foil and a free sample of quick silver gold. All Scott would have to do then would be to freeze the memory foil and creams like I said in this thread and then put the creams and foil on the the batteries (do not take the batteries out of the clocks when you do this because if you do you will have to reset the clocks again (look at the audio karma forum thread that I put here it tells you how to reset the clocks right). Then put some quick silver gold on the contacts of the batteries ( break-in time for this stuff is about 7 to 10 days on the batteries) I want more people to find out just how good these clocks really are after you do these tweaks to them eek ! Enjoy!! cool

#6300 - 11/29/06 12:27 PM Re: Clever Little Clocks
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
It's OK, Scott, you can put down the phone, close that blank e-mail message to Geoff, and step away from the freezer. I don't think the gunslingers really feel compelled to waste your time playing heat transfer games with cheap clocks, scraps of tin foil, or creams. We'll all remain blissfully "ignorant." (Is there an inverse of that? "Blissfully logical?" "Cheerfully rational?" Hmmm...)

#6301 - 11/29/06 01:10 PM Re: Clever Little Clocks
sluggo Offline
Desperado

Loc: Plano, TX
Foil, cream, and a freezer...so this is a cheesecake? I'm in. laugh

Page 28 of 45 < 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 44 45 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 159 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts