Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#63041 - 12/08/06 01:42 PM Cable audio/video signal
Lonster Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Eureka CA.
I am asking this question here, because there are some smart people that may be able to help me with my dilemma.
First, there is NO problems with my 990. I love it.
The problem is this: I lost all my network programming from Dish Network because of the 'law suit' thing. As an alternate method of getting network programming (ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX), Dish AND SuddenLink both suggested to me that I could get my locals thru cable (suddenlink), and that it would work with my Dish 622 HD DVR tuner.
Well guess what? It won't. The cable signal is not compatible with this tuner (probably because it is an analog signal and a digital only tuner).

My question is this: Can I somehow get this analog audio/video cable signal to work thru my 990, to my TV? Maybe by means of some coax-to-(RCA)? type adapter?
Or perhaps just get the audio signal to go thru my 990, so I don't have to make all the extra changes necessary to turn on the sound thru the TV? (I run my TV with the internal speakers 'OFF' normaly)
As for the related equipment, I am using a
Dish VIP 622 HD DVR Dual tuner,
Mitsubishi WD62525, 62' HD DLP TV,
Outlaw 990
Harmony 880 remote

Any help or suggestions with this dilemma are greatly appreciated.
Feel free to ask questions too!

Thanks,
Lonster

#63042 - 12/08/06 02:45 PM Re: Cable audio/video signal
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
If you've got an analog cable signal, all you really need is an analog cable tuner. Your Mitsu almost certainly has one, and you could potentially run the cable TV to the antenna input and run audio output (stereo analog most likely, although if your set has an ATSC tuner for over-the-air HD you may even have a digital audio output) to the 990. Even with the speaker turned off on the TV, the audio output should still work.

Another option would be a spare VCR used as an analog cable tuner (cable TV in, stereo analog audio and composite video out to the 990), but the video signal path will probably be cleaner using the Mitsu's tuner.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 165 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts