Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#63030 - 12/06/06 08:52 AM Did the firmware update, but...
DaveHo Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

got the “Device (Outlaw) Restart!” error message the first time through. eek The error occurred almost immediately after hitting the upgrade button on the loader. I followed the instructions by cycling power on the 990 & proceeded to restart the upgrade. Everything went smoothly the second time, I got the “Program Success!” message, and I verified the firmware revision to be 3.11 using the enter & input buttons.

I didn't find any reason why it should have failed the first time. USB cable was connected fine and I followed the instructions. There were a couple minor discrepancies between the instructions & what I saw, but I think those were due to me having WinXP Pro. The first time through, the update did not start automatically after opening the file in the loader, I had to start it with the upgrade button. The original firmware was revision 3.00. I just received this unit second hand so I have no experience with it yet. Is there anything I should fear? Any symptoms that something isn't right?

#63031 - 12/06/06 09:37 AM Re: Did the firmware update, but...
Hullguy Offline
Desperado

Loc: South Weymouth, MA USA
I did the update through the USB port and ran into the same issues. I run XP Pro, too. It's been about a month now and there haven't been any issues. I don't think there is any need to worry! Jim

#63032 - 12/07/06 07:57 AM Re: Did the firmware update, but...
Benson Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Cincinnati, OH
I had problems with the upgrading process using a USB cable as well. However, when using a serial cable everything went fine on the first try. Maybe give it a try.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 140 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts