Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#62930 - 11/26/06 08:57 PM In praise of the M&K CS surrounds!
Nalod Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: NC
Some one asked me about them last week and I finally have them working.

WOW!

They reside benind my couch which is up against the wall. The soundfield is incredible and they sound like they are 5-6 feet behind me.

Excellent detail but I can't locate where they are coming from!!!!!

This was a good choice!

I have spoken to a few folks that use them in bigger open rooms where there are no walls and they report excellent results!
Lfm-plus
MK Vx850 sub
velodyne Sms-1
MK 850 LCR
MK CS surround
Outlaw Balanced Cable (ouch!)
Lots of Bluejean fancy cables
Oppo SACD/DVD-A
38inch Loewe Aconda
Panamax 500
Monster Power 3500

#62931 - 11/27/06 03:32 PM Re: In praise of the M&K CS surrounds!
AvFan Offline
Desperado

Loc: El Cajon, California
Nalod,

Thanks for the report on the CS surrounds. It looks like M&K has hit upon a way to have surround speakers when there really isn't room for speakers behind the listener. As I recall you have the 29" tall models. How tall is the back of your couch? Do you have anything on the wall behind the couch (e.g. pictures, shelves, etc.)?

#62932 - 11/27/06 10:58 PM Re: In praise of the M&K CS surrounds!
Nalod Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: NC
I got the 29's but the couch is shorter than I recall. But I have no sense that these are right behind my head and the sound would appear further away.

I let the auto setup on the 990 do its thing so I did not calibrate for distance or volume.

The other thing is our couches are very deep so we kinda slump in them and our heads are not above the backs.

I just have a canvas picture on this wall and a wall sconce.

This is a great product in that it works, and they are hidden! sure a part of me wants to show them off but really its me they have to impress and I really am very happy the way they turned out.

I really never would have picked them without Barry Ober's input.

I spoke to a dealer in Virgina looking for cherry 650's and he without prompting told me the CS were the better pick (he was out of stock). This guy thinks they are real sleepers in the audio game. His clients don't want them because most people want to show off what they have and want 7.1. to fill the room with speakers.

In the real world we don't always have the room for proper placement of rear surrounds. This product I am told works great in large rooms with high ceilings where there is no place for traditional speakers.

Tonite I got into my Animusic2 DVD again and was amazed how much information it puts out but is really not directional at all!

While I am a newbie to the outlaw game, I have researched this purchase for a long time and recommend this speaker very much.
Lfm-plus
MK Vx850 sub
velodyne Sms-1
MK 850 LCR
MK CS surround
Outlaw Balanced Cable (ouch!)
Lots of Bluejean fancy cables
Oppo SACD/DVD-A
38inch Loewe Aconda
Panamax 500
Monster Power 3500

Who's Online
0 registered (), 95 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts