Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#62883 - 11/25/06 03:10 PM Headphone question
Cadu Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
Again asking questions..... smile

As posted in previous post, I am a new owner of 990. Therefore I have to buy complementary accesories such as headphone.

Which headphone model you guys would recommend in order to take best advantage of the Dolby Headphone processing technology?

I am aware that, according to the 990 Owner´s Manual this technology works with any ordinary headphone, but I assume that must be some differences.

Oh....Forgot to say that must be WIRELESS headphone. Thanks.

#62884 - 11/27/06 06:21 PM Re: Headphone question
Cadu Offline
Gunslinger

Hey....

Nobody has an aswer for this question?

#62885 - 11/27/06 07:44 PM Re: Headphone question
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
I haven't used even half-way decent headphones in more than a decade, much less decent wireless headphones. As for working with Dolby Headphone, it shouldn't matter - all the "magic" there is happening upstream of the headphone jack, so if the headphones work well with stereo content they'll work well with Dolby Headphone mode as well.

#62886 - 11/27/06 08:47 PM Re: Headphone question
justhavingfun Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Lansing, KS
If you want to find anything about headphone and its gears, check out the www.head-fi.org and you will find all sorts of information. But generally speaking wireless headphones are FM sound quality at best. I still recommend wired headphones for your 990 such as Sennheiser HD580. "Warning", be careful reading too much at Head-fi forums, your wallet might bleed profusely if you get hooked anything about head-fi gears.

Also check out the www.headphone.com for some recommendation for wireless headphones. They have good info as well.

#62887 - 11/28/06 07:23 PM Re: Headphone question
sluggo Offline
Desperado

Loc: Plano, TX
Grado SR80s are a good choice if you're not already a headphone aficionado. You can pick them up from local specialty shops or Audio Advisor online.

As far as wireless headphones, you're not going to find a heck of a lot of quality in that arena. The typical wireless headphone consumer is tipping the quality/convenience scale in the wrong direction.

#62888 - 11/29/06 10:00 AM Re: Headphone question
Jason J Offline
Desperado

Loc: Northern Garden State
Just wanted to add a second for a pair of Grado SR-80 headphones. Probably one of the best audio deals out there for under a $100. Just be aware that they are open-back headphones meaning that you will hear everything going on in the room besides the music.

#62889 - 11/29/06 08:32 PM Re: Headphone question
Cadu Offline
Gunslinger

Thank you guys for all the tips. I will check. I did not know that wireless headphones have much lower quality then wired.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 95 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts