I was trying to update my 990 to the firmaware vs. 3.1 yesterday. Everthing went fine (download, loader installation, 990 USB-hook up) but when hitting the update button the process would stall at the 'Data Setting' or 'Erasing' step. I tried to resolve the problem over the phone with the Outlaw support but gave up after a couple of dozen tries. We pretty much tried everything in multiple permutations (pulling power cords, turning the 990 on/off, rebooting the computer, restarting sofware loader, reconnecting USB cable....). The person I was talking to said it's probably a problem with (incomplete) deletion of the PROM. I will get back on the phone with the guys later today but in the meantime I wanted to see if any of you have experienced something similar. I am out of ideas and I REALLY don't want to rip the 990 out as I just finished setting my system up in a new rack. If its any help, I used a recent model HP/Compaq labtop running XP pro for the update. I sincerely hope that this can be resolved on location. I appreciate any feedback. Thanks.