Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 20 of 45 < 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 44 45 >
Topic Options
#6212 - 03/21/06 01:31 PM Re: Clever Little Clocks
BloggingITGuy Offline
Desperado

Loc: Beaverton, Oregon
I should also note that the multitudinous posts to this thread have improved my home theater experiences not one whit.

And it doesn't seem to matter if I have the laptop in or out of the house. smile

Has helped to decrease my stress levels, though while also raising my incredulity to all time highs.

Next thing you know, someone will be espousing how their real working "flux capacitor" helps smooth out the soundstage and give a system increased fidelity.

Although if one doesn't believe in monogamy, perhaps increased fidelity isn't such a good thing?

#6213 - 03/21/06 02:05 PM Re: Clever Little Clocks
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
First of all, you need two browsers open to this thread on two separate computers to get the full benefit. You also need to tweak the placement of both monitors (I've seen reports that having the two facing each other about 3" apart works well sonically, although of course it does detract from the ability to read the thread - which may in fact be why it works so well).

#6214 - 03/21/06 02:16 PM Re: Clever Little Clocks
painttoad Offline
Desperado

Loc: peoria il
well,i decided to try some xperimenting.i figured since i have 7 audio only components,i would put $1.26 (3 stacks of 6 pennies time 7) on my extra shelf,right in the middle.sounded great!moved the money to the front of the shelf and i lost depth in the soundstage.moved to the rear of the shelf and i got a incredibly deep soundstage.WOW!i decided to put a $10 bill about 2/3 of the way back on the shelf,just about perfect.since all was going so well,i decided 1 more:i took the $10 bill to the beer store,grabbed a 12 pack,had them leave the $10 in the drawer.they kindly gave me back .40 which i promptly put 2/3 of the way back on the shelf when i got home.

it took awhile,but after about 10 beers i realized how AWESOME my system sounded!

so the .86 i "saved" by altering hfsg 'tweak' can go back to the piggy bank for my cable elevators. but now i have to drink a 12 pack everytime i listen to the system.oh well,was gonna do that anyway. :p (wonder how good it would sound with a bottle of captain morgan)...

#6215 - 03/21/06 02:18 PM Re: Clever Little Clocks
painttoad Offline
Desperado

Quote:
Originally posted by gonk:
First of all, you need two browsers open to this thread on two separate computers to get the full benefit. You also need to tweak the placement of both monitors (I've seen reports that having the two facing each other about 3" apart works well sonically, although of course it does detract from the ability to read the thread - which may in fact be why it works so well).
crap, gonk,i've been using 2 browsers on ONE computer.thanks again for getting me straightened out.

#6216 - 03/21/06 02:23 PM Re: Clever Little Clocks
gonk Offline
Desperado

It's all in the details, 'toad - that's the true joy of this sort of tweaking...

#6217 - 03/21/06 02:59 PM Re: Clever Little Clocks
Cadboy Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
Quote:
Originally posted by painttoad:
well,i decided to try some xperimenting.i figured since i have 7 audio only components,i would put $1.26 (3 stacks of 6 pennies time 7) on my extra shelf,right in the middle.sounded great!moved the money to the front of the shelf and i lost depth in the soundstage.moved to the rear of the shelf and i got a incredibly deep soundstage.WOW!i decided to put a $10 bill about 2/3 of the way back on the shelf,just about perfect.since all was going so well,i decided 1 more:i took the $10 bill to the beer store,grabbed a 12 pack,had them leave the $10 in the drawer.they kindly gave me back .40 which i promptly put 2/3 of the way back on the shelf when i got home.

it took awhile,but after about 10 beers i realized how AWESOME my system sounded!

so the .86 i "saved" by altering hfsg 'tweak' can go back to the piggy bank for my cable elevators. but now i have to drink a 12 pack everytime i listen to the system.oh well,was gonna do that anyway. :p (wonder how good it would sound with a bottle of captain morgan)...
I suppose you forgot to try putting a beer on the rack, Hmmmmmmmmmm??

#6218 - 03/21/06 04:26 PM Re: Clever Little Clocks
Ritz Offline
Desperado

Loc: NJ/Beijing
All this talk of shaved cats....and I thought this was a family show.... :-)

I do notice that my system sounds a lot better after a bottle of bordeaux. Now if I could just find my clever little corkscrew...

#6219 - 03/21/06 04:43 PM Re: Clever Little Clocks
gonk Offline
Desperado

Quote:
Originally posted by Cadboy:
I suppose you forgot to try putting a beer on the rack, Hmmmmmmmmmm??
Just remember the cardinal rule of "beer on equipment racks as acoustical treatment": make sure the beer stays in the can/bottle/glass/stein. Un-contained beer may increase conductance between electrical components to an excessive degree. The corollary to this rule is of course "don't let the magic smoke out." Once you let all the smoke out of anything electronic, you can't put it back.

#6220 - 03/21/06 04:47 PM Re: Clever Little Clocks
painttoad Offline
Desperado

Quote:
Originally posted by gonk:
It's all in the details, 'toad - that's the true joy of this sort of tweaking...
maybe it's the combination of the 2 internal clocks that give the effect?similar to the effect hfsg is getting?

and i did try a beer in the rack but they kept getting too warm,too fast.they must be COLD!and you must rotate stock!i only recommend this tweak for the adanced users.it is very time consuming and you must rotate beers exactly every 4 min. 23 sec. but on the upside:if you miss the rotation,you can always buy a clever little clock and go back in time to correct yourself! laugh

#6221 - 03/22/06 09:31 PM Re: Clever Little Clocks
tekdredger Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Franklin, WI
...dooog ooos leeef t'nod I .worromot krow rof etal saw I dna yaw gnorw eht snips elbatnrut ym woN .sdrawkcab ni yrettab eht tup I tub skcolc eseht fo eno deirt tsuj I

Page 20 of 45 < 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 44 45 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 121 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM